Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2009, 03:34 AM   #11
Charles

Pacman Turbo Champion Slingo Brazil Champion Snowball Warrior Champion Formula Fun Champion Yeti Pengu Throw Champion
Wheel Of Fortune Champion Stack The Cats Champion Ultimate Racing Champion
Charles may have a mustache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
We are using citrix for application deployment right now too. Any reason you all got away from the desktop deployment?
Management made that decision. We have people who thought that it wasn't the best way to spend money. It made perfect sense to me. The people who had them now have a 2.4GHz dual core with 4GB of RAM and all they do is sign in and launch Citrix and launch their apps. Other than Office apps they use everything in Citrix.

I wasn't on this team when management made that decision or else I would have tried to make an argument to reassess it. I was still supporting desktops then. As it is now we have no reason to have 11,000 desktops. We could most likely be down to 1,000-2,000 desktops top with the rest being thin clients.

So do you support the Citrix apps at your work or does someone else? I rarely get to talk to someone that works with Citrix a lot.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote