Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #1301
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I guess I could just RDP to the Ip address. I only have 3 servers that I go into usually. just the network drives and shit I have mapped to them die when I swap DNS servers
Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #1302
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

yeah just map/rdp to the IP or add them to your hosts file if its only 3
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #1303
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I've never used host file befo'
Old 09-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #1304
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

its in system32/drivers/etc just add your servers to the bottom

IP.IP.IP.IP datBox

or

IP.IP.IP.IP yaybo.sexmachine.orgz

then when you map/rdp/etc to "datBox" or "yaybo.sexmachine.orgz" it will send you to that IP. The hostname/server name that you specify doesn't even have to exist afaik, like the yaybo.sexmachine one.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #1305
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

In case that wasn't clear:

1. Open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (no extension on the filename) in notepad.
Start -> Run -> notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

2. Add one line per host, formatted as follows:
192.168.0.69 sexmachine
192.168.0.169 moresexmachine.cows.com

3. Enjoy
Old 09-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #1306
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

So it'd be 10.10.100.3 webster-admin. As an entry??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 09-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #1307
stonehenge

Yep, without the period at the end. Then hit enter and put the next ip and location

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #1308
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

random question.

when I save it, it wants me to save as txt file.
do this?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #1309
stonehenge

change it to "all files" and it should save without the extension

or go remove the extension after saving it
Old 09-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #1310
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

says I no has permissions to save in that folder

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

no computer will outsmart me

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Well, maybe it will.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #1311
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Run notepad as administrator.

Stupid UAC.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #1312
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

worked like a champ.

it all works!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #1313
stonehenge

fgt UAC doesn't care if you're logged in as admin I always forget about that when I open command prompts. I open them normally like I did in XP but it runs as non-admin.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #1314
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I do too. Never fails.
Do wish shit was simple like XP was.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Im quite curious.. I think the interview I have next Wed is for a Systems Admin II position. Which basically will put me doing mostly server stuff
Old 09-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #1315
stonehenge

bish ass servers
Old 09-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #1316
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Will have network all fkkd up in no time
Old 09-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #1317
stonehenge

disable all file backups and get rid of those pesky battery backups too
Old 09-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #1318
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

i had a UPS go bad one day. Just out of nowhere. Killed half of network!

has question.
I moved 30 workstations out to a mobile unit and made a lab out of it. It's NOT networked. Supt wants me to price server, switch and software to put out there to make standalone network. Kiddos would use the server based software to do things.

Dunno how mash the software costs, but wouldnt you have to buy 30 licenses for each program? And server cost AND switch cost. Guestimating, how mash you think that'd run? I'd need at least 3 diff programs.

or I could get a fiber ran out tehre and 30 drops put in WITH switch for $5200
Old 09-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #1319
stonehenge

it all depends on what you need. Some software would need 30 licenses, some needs one license, some has "check out" licenses so if there will never be all 30 using it, you can buy less, like 20. Every software company will have different prices/plans/etc.

The server specs depend too. Does the software do lots of calculations or 3d stuff that will require lots of ram/processors? Will they be storing data on the server? If there will be data on it, do you want it to have an internal RAID, a RAID attached to it, or just an external or offsite place to copy it to? Rack mountable or desktop form?

Then there's lots of other stuff you can get. Most OEMs have things like Dell's iDrake which is REALLY handy for offsites. You can remote into the iDrake and watch it reboot, get into the BIOS, etc even if the OS won't boot or whatever. Kinda cool but more $.

So it all depends on what you really need brah.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #1320
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Yeah, that's way too open-ended of a question, really can't even begin to guess...could cost anywhere from $5,000 to $100,000.

Fiber, switch, and drops for $5200 sounds like a bargain, if you've got the server power to spare and don't need to isolate that network.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:00 AM   #1321
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I have no need to isolate that network. And I have PLENTY of server space to spare. I've swapped most of my critical apps (email/SIS) to cloud based already.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #1322
stonehenge

do you have a server that can handle whatever those three pieces of software are?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #1323
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Yessssss. I do.
I have 2 basically empty servers right now. I moved what was on them to cloud based.

on the other hand,

I'm looking for a decent, reliable projector in the $300-350 range. What do you guys use? I've been having problems out of my NEC and Viewsonic ones.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #1324
stonehenge

I be server gai, don't mess with projectors
Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #1325
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Me too, though occasionally I have to fiddle with them porke small IT department. I'm pretty sure some or all of ours are NEC.