Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #51
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

the fuel filter housing is right against the water line on the intake. so its almost impossible to get the fuel line off on a 307. i broke mine trying to get it off. made one out of rubber line to fix it but barley got it in there cause of the water line.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

if i was actally keeping this motor id run a braded line a banjo fitting and external in line fuel filter.

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #52
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

When I did mine the flare nut was seized to the line. I too ended up using rubber hose, just for a few inches. I had to put hose clamps on it to round out the kinks where it makes a sharp right angle. If I did it again I think I could bend some pipe or use a piece that's already bent...I've got a whole 1994 S10's set of fuel/etc pipe to cut from.

Do you have rims, unadorned steelies, or steelies with wheelcovers? I want a way to secure my wheelcovers so they stay stuck firmly on. I'm thinking of getting some kind of center cap for steelies that attaches securely to the lug nuts, then putting a screw through the wheelcovers into the center cap.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #53
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

well i had hubcaps but i ebayed them so i running steelies. however my oem hubcaps had a center thing that bolted to the lug nuts made of metal and then the hubcap bolted to it right in the center. basically oem of what your wanting.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

i had to get a peice of brake line cut it and put clamps on it for mine it works though. mine was pretty seized up and little stripped. i had to cut the line then put a breaking bar on the housing to get it out. btw hf ratching breaking bar is the greatest tool ever invented.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

what happened to the rally buick wheels on your car thought it had the nice wheels

Old 08-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #54
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I had a 1987 Deville with a system like you describe. It was FWD and probably had a totally different bolt pattern so I didn't bother looking for it, but now I know I can look for retainers from a 1983 LeSabre.

My Rally wheels are rusted and nasty. Also, as part of being cheapjewcao, I buy used tires already mounted on steelies that fit my car so I don't have to get them mounted (and I can swap in my yard easily so I can put on worn tires during the summer, all-season tires in fall/spring, and studded winter tires in the winter).

So, since I usually have not just steelies but rusted, unmatched steelies, I've acquired wheelcovers. These meet my aerodynamic wishes and OEMness standard, as they were standard equipment on the 1980 LeSabre. Eventually I would like to get racing discs but these are functionally pretty close, they fit nice and tight to the wheel's rim, they look decent, and I got the first three pretty cheap (as well I'm now getting a bunch for free).

I bought four pizza pans to make pizza pan racing discs but never did finish that project.

Racing disc:

Pizza pan:

1980 LeSabre OEM:

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

I think all of the above would look better with whitewalls. I know the OEM ones sure do.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #55
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

if i was you id run steelies and white letters. how wide are your rallys and shit. i want a set.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

i see your bumper fillers have went to shit also.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #56
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Yeah, my bumper fillers were totally rotted when I put the car back on the road in 2010 and they were gone within a couple weeks.

Pretty sure my Rallys are 7 inches wide.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #57
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

want rid of them?

Old 08-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #58
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

You seriously don't want them they all rusty and shit.

Sent from my Venture using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Old 08-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #59
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

well if the price is right............im gonna sandblast and powdercoat them

Old 08-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #60
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

BIWP and powdercoat imo
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #61
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Damn, on one hand I could use the money, OTOH I'm not sure I'm ready to let them go. Here's what they looked like in 2008:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1046501...71985148204898
https://picasaweb.google.com/1046501...71916428728146
https://picasaweb.google.com/1046501...71834824349506
https://picasaweb.google.com/1046501...71761809905458

...obviously they're a bit worse now. They do roll smooth and presumably balance easily. I'll try to get up-to-date photos.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #62
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

let me know paint and shit could make em look good for cheap

Old 09-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #63
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/716267...elta-88/page-9

kinda how i want to do mine

Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #64
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

sexy
Old 09-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #65
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

i like it but a buick engine ofcourse

Old 09-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #66
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Not a Buick, but a GM from the same era...my wife's 1985 Chevrolet. What is the proper way to fix this antenna mount?

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Reflection of creepin' in bottom left of photo.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #67
stonehenge

Do want your waifus car
Old 09-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #68
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

it should have a nut under the fender that holds it looks like its been loose for a while and the rubber peice is missing since the paint is gone. i would prime that little spot and touch up under there so it dont rust and get a rubber washer or something and the nut and put it all back right.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #69
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Fack. Looks like a pain, there's no easy accessibility to the inside of the fender, it's double-walled.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #70
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

should be a access hole

Old 09-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #71
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
should be a access hole
Old 09-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #72
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #73
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

cao can i get a pictorial of your accessory brackets

Old 10-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #74
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

What are you looking for, exactly? Here's what I've already got up on my Picasa that might help:

Lower left, red and silver label: A/C compressor
Upper left, white corrosion: Alternator
Upper right, white corrosion and black bracket: AIR pump (no longer on car)
Lower right, black cap: Power steering

(You surely knew all that, but just in case.)

Here's a question: How do I know if I have the tension right on my belts?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #75
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

i just put my belts tight as i can and im good. i looking to see the difference from a 80s buick v6 vs the my 350 from 73. so i know how to make the ac and shit work. looks like they have a different alt and ac bracket. smog pump is not going in. i took it off the 307 also.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

thats the 73 setup however mine had the bracket for the smog pump too