Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #37476
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Could be the starter or loose cable on the battery.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #37477
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

By charged I mean using a charger to recharge it.

Ok, so your battery wasn't getting drained. There's something transiently preventing it from working.

So, when it wasn't working, the dome light didn't work too?
Old 10-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #37478
RM90
Ritmo y Sabor

RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

the dome light wouldn't turn on at all
twitter hoar
bish
RM90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #37479
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

bad terminals?

could be shitty tribal u keep playing

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #37480
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Any corrosion at the battery cable connection? Remove cables, wirebrush/sand/whatever the battery terminals and cable terminals until shiny.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #37481
RM90
Ritmo y Sabor

RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:RM90 thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

everything is shiny no corrosion
twitter hoar
bish
Old 10-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #37482
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Flaky cable, then?
Old 10-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #37483
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

u do anything that may fuck electrical?

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 10-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #37484
RM90
Ritmo y Sabor

everything seems firm

nah I don't mess with electric shit, it's one of the things I don't like to mess around with.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

I only have the system in there which could probably be doing something but I'm not sure.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Cez foo it feels good outside go for a walk.
twitter hoar
bish
Old 10-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #37485
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Flaky cable, flaky fusible link, or flaky battery. Vatozone's battery test isn't very informative, so it could still be the battery. Can you swap with another vehicle?
Old 10-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #37486
RM90
Ritmo y Sabor

fkn electric shit, nah Cao stuck with this battery
twitter hoar
bish
Old 10-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #37487
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Buy battery at junkyard?

Buy battery at Walmart so you don't feel bad about returning it if that wasn't the problem?
Old 10-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #37488
RM90
Ritmo y Sabor

how long are acdelco batteries supposed to last? Truck is 2009
twitter hoar
bish
Old 10-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #37489
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Doesn't matter how long they're supposed to last...battery life varies greatly, but anyway your failure is a defect not a worn-out battery. Certainly a 2009 model could have a flaky battery.

I'm only strong on the battery because it's easy to replace. You sure you can't find someone who would let you swap your battery for theirs for long enough to see if the problem follows the battery or stays with your vehicle?
Old 10-02-2011, 12:13 AM   #37490
RM90
Ritmo y Sabor

oh ok, but nah I don't think anyone will be willing to do that battery swap.
twitter hoar
bish
Old 10-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #37491
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

You need some better friends, bro...or some better bros, friend.

Could wait until it fails again and test the battery/cables/fusible link with a meter. Got a multimeter?
Old 10-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #37492
RM90
Ritmo y Sabor

fak it

No haz multimeter
twitter hoar
bish
Old 10-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #37493
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Got a Harbor Freight nearby? Go forth and buy a multimeter for $5 or less.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:19 AM   #37494
RM90
Ritmo y Sabor

no harbor freight nearby only HD and Lowe's
twitter hoar
bish
Old 10-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #37495
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Could buy one at HD or Lowes, more money though.

For this purpose you could make test equipment. All you need is a 12v light bulb, some wire, and any source of ~12v (cordless drill battery, AC adapter, or even a 9v battery). You can test the battery by wiring the bulb directly to the battery terminals. You can test continuity in the cables/fusible link by using the 12v source to try to light the bulb through it.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Blowes has a basic analog multimeter for $12.48
http://www.lowes.com/pd_76039-1781-G...7C0&facetInfo=

Home Despot has a similar one, maybe slightly better, for $10
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Old 10-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #37496
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Did you install your sub amp or did a shop? Look where they connected it to the battery and make sure they didn't do anything half ass that weakened your stock connections.

Also, I don't know about NNBS but the OBS had side terminals that would constantly come loose. Not super loose but just enough that it would randomly not start sometimes and then it would start a while later. I got used to opening the hood and tighening it if it refused to start.

The only other time I had similar problems was the starter. It was random as fuck too where it woulndn't start and then a while later i'd try and it would work.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:31 AM   #37497
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I'd agree with the starter except for the dome light not working too.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #37498
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

light on fire, collect insurance

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 10-02-2011, 01:43 AM   #37499
RM90
Ritmo y Sabor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Could buy one at HD or Lowes, more money though.

For this purpose you could make test equipment. All you need is a 12v light bulb, some wire, and any source of ~12v (cordless drill battery, AC adapter, or even a 9v battery). You can test the battery by wiring the bulb directly to the battery terminals. You can test continuity in the cables/fusible link by using the 12v source to try to light the bulb through it.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Blowes has a basic analog multimeter for $12.48
http://www.lowes.com/pd_76039-1781-G...7C0&facetInfo=

Home Despot has a similar one, maybe slightly better, for $10
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
I'll see if my friend has one he just got a whole bunch of tools for hvac stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Did you install your sub amp or did a shop? Look where they connected it to the battery and make sure they didn't do anything half ass that weakened your stock connections.

Also, I don't know about NNBS but the OBS had side terminals that would constantly come loose. Not super loose but just enough that it would randomly not start sometimes and then it would start a while later. I got used to opening the hood and tighening it if it refused to start.

The only other time I had similar problems was the starter. It was random as fuck too where it woulndn't start and then a while later i'd try and it would work.
I had a shop do it.

Battery hasn't drained yet so we're doing good.
twitter hoar
bish
Old 10-02-2011, 02:01 AM   #37500
stonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey90 View Post
Battery hasn't drained yet so we're doing good.
Well it could have been a loose cable that is tight now that you've put the battery back in.