Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #526
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

New rules? What are they about?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #527
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

i needa A+ badly...

i said FIDIL and installed VISTAAAAAAAAAAA on that funky ass HDD cao
Old 10-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #528
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Default Re: IT Thread

Vista can haz eat dicks kthx
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #529
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Why not 7?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #530
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
New rules? What are they about?
After January 1, 2011 all CompTIA certifications are no longer lifetime certifications, they have to be renewed every 3 years. Fucking gay.

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #531
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Nice way to get money from peeps who have jobs that require it. :nono
Old 10-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #532
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

It's reasonable .

If you didn't know tech stuff and wanted to pay someone to do it for you, would you want someone who has been recertified recently or someone who is not required to be up-to-date?

I predict that CompTia will milk the new A+ rule to drive a bunch of business before it's too late, chill for a while, then replace the A+ certification with a new one so that all lifetime A+ certs become obsolete.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:52 AM   #533
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Guess they are going the way of Cisco, Microsoft and most others who require you to renew them every 3 years. To be honest though, most of the IT people I know with a Cisco or Microsoft certification just put down on their resumes the year they got theirs and never do renew them.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #534
stonehenge

No one where I work has them afaik, but it does look good on resumes like you said.

I don't have any certs rofl Microsoft, Cisco, and A+ can renew deez nutz imo
Old 10-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #535
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I was a CCNA but I let it expire. It didn't help me get a job anyway.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #536
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Really I was just wanting to get my Network+ and A+ to help get my foot in the door and get a job. I'm experienced and am a really fast learner, the guy I was working with during my internship told me I knew twice as much as him at this age so I guess that was good haha. Every place around here wants someone with at least 3+ years of experience too, and I only have 1 right now. I'm hoping having these 2 certifications would help differentiate myself from the crowd at least a little more. I'm just going to have to keep an eye out for all jobs, maybe I'll finally land a good one where I can at least get some more experience. I'm wanting to get a network admin/server admin job.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #537
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Fanatic View Post
I'm wanting to get a network admin/server admin job.
Around here the competition for those jobs is fierce, but it's a good gig if you can land it.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 AM   #538
MikeH
waffler

MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Ok so I bought a Linksys WRT54G-TM with DD-WRT and just set it up as a normal router because I have no clue what the firmware is/does. Is there any advantages as setting it up as a repeater? Someone care to school me a little? Cow?
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:36 AM   #539
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

You probably have no need for DD-WRT but if you've already installed it then don't worry aboot it...just use it the way you already planned to use it.

A repeater is what you need if you have a router that doesn't reach as far as you want. You put the repeater halfway between the router and the user and it repeats the signal.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:40 AM   #540
MikeH
waffler

It came preinstalled. We have a fairly small house so signal is decent throughout. It came with longer antennae too. My parents have the same router minus dd-wrt and it seemed to never cause us any problems so I just bought the first new one I could find for a decent price.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:42 AM   #541
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

They're selling them new with DD-WRT preinstalled? Neato!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:45 AM   #542
MikeH
waffler

I bought it off eBay. Supposedly the guy just opened them to install the firmware. Seemed legit has he has sold a ton previously.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #543
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

My WRT54G is a newer version and it doesn't have enough ram to support DD WRT. The older ones, for some reason, had more.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:55 AM   #544
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Passed my CompTIA Network+ exam today.

Probably take the 2 A+ exams next month.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:58 AM   #545
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 11-18-2010, 03:14 AM   #546
stonehenge

Bamf status
Old 11-18-2010, 05:29 AM   #547
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Thanks guys.

The crazy thing is, they said it took 5 business days just for it to show up on CompTIA's website. Then when it was up, after I submitted a request to get my certificate and card, it would take a month or more to mail them to me.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #548
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Ah yes, the age of computers...instantaneous calculation, delayed shipping.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #549
fatkidkustomz
Resident Drunkard

fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:
fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:

Long story short. Need to upgrade a computer from Win2K to XP but not trying to buy anything. Any suggestions?
Old 12-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #550
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Hardware specs?