Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #1751
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

:macfp:
Old 08-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #1752
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

How do I secure Firefox for an average user? I'm putting together a computer for my sister and I think she'll want Firefox but it's not naturally unargeted secure like it used to be. Her old computer has a virus and I bet it was thanks to Firefox.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #1753
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

by default it should block pop-ups and warn of malicious sites, what else do you want to block?

i only fuck with servers so I don't setup user machines :/
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #1754
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
i only fuck with servers so I don't setup user machines :/

These days Firefox seems to be the biggest target, like IE used to be. Firefox users seem to be the most often infected. I'm not sure what else besides pop-up blocking and server-pushed blacklisting is needed...that's why I asked.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #1755
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Edit hosts file to block everything except pbskids.org
Old 08-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #1756
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Spybot S&D's immunization does a nice job with the hosts file, actually.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #1757
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 09-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #1758
stonehenge

auto-noodz
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #1759
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Ok. Heres a question I should know the answer to already. But I'm going to ask anyhow.

HEre at the school I have 3 servers under my domain.

I have a 10mbps VLS circuit connecting the school to the BOE office about 1/4 mile down the road. Maybe a bit farther.
At this location, there is another server that houses the accounting software. It also is the server that they log in to b/c they were on a totally seperate network up until recently. That server is under a DIFFERENT DOmain.

Question is, I need for a user to be able to log in here at the school, and access the software that is housed over at the BOE office.

I know it's a security Issue b/c It won't let me access and I'm sure it's becuase I"m not actually logging into the machine that is there at the BOE. My PDC here at the school is authenticating us. So how would one accomplish such a feat without joining the BOE domain here at the school? I thought about making that server a BDC or even just demoting it but with it housing the accounting software that kinda frightens me.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #1760
stonehenge

so the accounting software is actually installed on the second server? do they use a web interface, remote/terminal, or what? Is it just a db on a share and the software is on their computer?
Old 09-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #1761
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

No web interface. its all old school looking shit.
They are running programs housed in diff folders that are shared on that server. That shit is METICULOUS as hell to set up because everything has to be in it's certain place, shared under a certain name/way and all that.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

But software is housed on the server, they are just opening the interface on their workstations.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #1762
stonehenge

interesting

so just mapping the shared folders on a box that is on the other domain doesn't work?
Old 09-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #1763
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

'tis funny b/c it won't let me connect to the server on the other domain.
will post msg.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

keep in mind that machine is on webster_co_boe domain.
I'm on Webster or Webster.k12.ga.us domain
Old 09-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #1764
stonehenge

Try mapping it as a drive and use credentials for the other domain.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

That may break the software because it won't be at \\accounting but its worth a try
Old 09-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #1765
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

inside accounting there is 2 shared folders. which each have 1 program that must be run.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #1766
stonehenge

did you try mapping it as a drive with credentials from your second domain?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #1767
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Setup domain trust (google Active Directory Domain Trust). Give permissions for other domain's user on server.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #1768
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I believe I set up a trust. let's test it
Old 09-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #1769
stonehenge

I'll just put this here:

Quote:
- Hit the Windows key, type “gpedit.msc” and hit enter.
- Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations
- Enable that

Because fuck the auto-reboot on W8 when you're trying to do something.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #1770
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Hey guys when I make my business cards do you think I should put my prices that I charge on the back of them? I thought it may save me the trouble of people arguing about prices or calling, discussing a problem, and then saying they are too much when they finally find out what the prices are.

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #1771
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 09-12-2013, 02:25 AM   #1772
Mr.Rogers
Papagos.... :scared:

Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:Mr.Rogers thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I dunno nailz sounds a bit unprofessional also what if u end up needing to charge more than what u put on le card and be like fuuuuuuuuu
Just quote the foos or charge per hourz

I am on a note bish
Old 09-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #1773
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Well ok then lol, so much for that idea.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

I know a business card is supposed to be minimalist, I went to a college known for it's business classes, so believe me I know lol. Was just seeing if it would be different, or just lame.

I'll just quote them from the start.

Last edited by Chevrolet Fanatic; 09-12-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:13 AM   #1774
stonehenge

Caller: Hi, I was
Nailz: TWO HUNDRED
Caller: ... Anyway, my laptop is
Nailz: THREE HUNDO STICKS
Caller: FTS *click*
Old 09-12-2013, 04:13 AM   #1775
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown