Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #1551
MFB
The return of the Brett.

MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:
MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:MFB has the highest rep title :kittahstare:

http://startisback.com/

is what I use

Its EXTREMELY well coded and keep explore8 fully intact. I have 4 more keys btw.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #1552
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Will try that out on the lappy later. ClassicShell works but that one sounds even better. I'm cheap tho so will use the trial then probably uninstall

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Anyone here ever deal with compacting Access databases? A group of users work on a database daily and want it to be compacted every week. They'd do it themselves but the database has to be on the local machine for Access to compact it. So they want me to install it on the server and setup a scheduled task.

Just wondering if there is a simple exe or tool I can install that will compact it without having to install Office itself.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #1553
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Well, got everything set up for that office 2k10 install ..

just can't get the machines to run the setup file upon logging in.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #1554
VmaxEngage
melons :drool:

VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Looking to get an SSD for booting and OS use only.

How can I go about transferring the OS on my HDD to the SSD? I think I made a separate partition for it. Should I just use my install disc again? Would I be able to use my CD key again?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:59 AM   #1555
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

You want to move it to the other HD and keep using the same installation? I'd just do a fresh install
Old 12-14-2012, 03:01 AM   #1556
VmaxEngage

VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Can I use the activation key again?
Old 12-14-2012, 04:37 AM   #1557
stonehenge

Yeah
Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #1558
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I finally found the answer to a question that has bugged me for years: How do you make Windows forget cached credentials for a SMB share without having to restart the computer? Restart the "Workstation" service!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #1559
VmaxEngage

Old 12-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #1560
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #1561
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

They forgot the "power user" who only makes everything worse by trying to fix it.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #1562
stonehenge

Wiping and reinstalling winders on moms POS 10 yr old HP mini tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
http://startisback.com/

is what I use

Its EXTREMELY well coded and keep explore8 fully intact. I have 4 more keys btw.
my install of this on the craptop ran out of trial time today, i completely forgot about it
Old 01-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #1563
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

"To help protect your sobriety, your couch has blocked your wife from receiving beers to your hand. Click here for more options...."

"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for more options...."

1. Fuck you IE, if instead of opening everything you always prompted the user for a location to save the file you wouldn't need to block file transfers. Then the users also might have some idea where their fucking files are and might not save changes to a temp file that's about to be deleted.

2. Fuck you IE, the site is trying to upload to your computer, probably because you are trying to download a file.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #1564
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater
chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater

Chrome FTW!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #1565
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I don't usually use IE but on servers I use it just because I don't feel like installing a browser on dozens of servers where I rarely browse.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

And the "download" rant applies pretty universally these days. That's what got me started. "Download" now means download, upload, copy, transfer, and even install.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #1566
stonehenge

After Chrome finished installing this webpage I read the comments and decided to download one of my own to add to the discussion.

(that sounds like spammer speak O_o)
Old 01-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #1567
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Yeah, that's pretty much a normal sentence these days.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #1568
stonehenge

I hate when watching tv, the "tech person" on the show will "download data" from a hard drive. That's called copying bitch. Also, while copying said data, there are all sorts of pretty things flying around the screen.

The other day some dude spilled water on a keyboard to confuse the IT guy. It worked because who would have guessed water on a keyboard would cause the monitor to flicker/distort, show artifacts, etc!? I HAD NO IDEA
Old 01-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #1569
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #1570
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I had a lady come up to me and say "Hey, whenever you get a chance I need you to come fix the sound on my 2 student computers. No sound from either of them.."

I told her "Well, we will need some headphones... blah blah"

"OH, I have those already, so just come fix it whenever.."

me BISH to fkn lazy to plug in headphones ftl
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #1571
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #1572
stonehenge

Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #1573
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Question. I remember having this at the bank.

On my desktop there was a shortcut to change ppls password on the server.
Instead of remoting in or logging in to the server to service the account, there was some kind of shortcut on my workstation desktop. I can't remember what it was called. A snap in? Widget? Something!!
Ring a bell?
Googling it as we speak with not so great results
Old 01-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #1574
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

You need the Active Directory Users & Computers snap-in for MMC.

Start -> Run
mmc
File -> Add/Remove Snap-In (this process differs slightly for XP vs. Vista/7)
Active Directory Users & Computers
File -> Save if you want

Or,
Start -> Run
dsa.msc
Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #1575
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

sEEMS FOR windows 7 you need this?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=7887