Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #1026
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

It's not your router or your modem, it's upstream of those...the box on the outside of your house where the cable service comes in, the line to the pole, something on the pole, something beyond.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #1027
apedestrian

apedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imo
apedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imo

around the same time sometimes my phone works but my internet doesn't

I'll be fucking pissed if it doesn't work on tuesday

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
It's not your router or your modem, it's upstream of those...the box on the outside of your house where the cable service comes in, the line to the pole, something on the pole, something beyond.

the comcast guy was checking all the lines outside when he over yesterady
apedestrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #1028
apedestrian

apedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imo
apedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imoapedestrian can perform some srs rep rapes imo

So my internet shit out again and i called comcast. the bish said the comcast guy that came here yesterday changed the line connections and. andsince I'm getting a connection on this computer from the router that she can't send another comcast guy over

Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #1029
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

A connection between the computer and the router has nothing to do with the connection between the modem and the cable company.

So does your internet work continuously sin falta when one computer is plugged directly into the modem?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #1030
apedestrian

It was working when i had it plugged into the router. now i can't get internet without plugging this computer directly into the modem

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

i did what you said on the last page with the command stuff, pero i just took a picture it
Old 10-24-2011, 12:39 AM   #1031
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

You didn't get the output of ipconfig /all in the screenshot.

I'd guess the following:
67.176.140.1 is your gateway
67.87.72.44 is your DNS

If so, there is an easy solution. Manually configure your DNS to use free public DNS servers instead of trying and failing to use your ISP's DNS.

Instructions:
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html
In short, you get to your IP settings, choose to manually define DNS, and enter the DNS addresses you'll use.

Use one of each, Google and OpenDNS.
and
Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #1032
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

I get this when i try to add a new distribution group.. WTF..

Quote:
Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:00

Math
Failed

Error:
The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be because of an address list or email address policy configuration error.

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
enable-DistributionGroup -Identity 'Webster.k12.ga.us/Users/Math' -Alias 'Math'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:00
Old 10-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #1033
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Start -> Run
services.msc

Check to see if all the normal Microsoft Exchange services are running. Try starting any that aren't running and see if that helps. If it's ok to do so, reboot all the Exchange servers.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #1034
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

So, did you fix the problem?

I'm fscking around with deploying printers via GPO yet again. I followed these directions:

Quote:
Print Management to deploy printers
===========================
1. Open the Administrative Tools folder, and then double-click Print Management.

2. In the Print Management tree, under the appropriate print server, click Printers.

3. In the Results pane, right-click the printer that you want to deploy, and then click Deploy with Group Policy.

4. In the Deploy with Group Policy dialog box, click Browse, and then choose or create a new GPO for storing the printer connections.

5. Click OK.

6. Specify whether to deploy the printer connections to users, or to computers:

To deploy to groups of computers so that all users of the computers can access the printers, select the computers that this GPO applies to (per machine) check box.

To deploy to groups of users so that the users can access the printers from any computer they log onto, select the users that this GPO applies to (per user) check box.
I also ran PushPrinterConnections.exe on the client machine.

GPResult shows that the printer is deployed, but it's not.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #1035
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

fuck printers
and its love/hate with GPOs but fuck them too right now
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #1036
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I think it's being a bitch about the driver...the client is 64 bit 2008R2, the server is 32 bit 2008. I keep trying to add the 64 bit driver to the server but it claims that every driver I try is not the right one.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #1037
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

It worked!

Old 10-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #1038
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Start -> Run
services.msc

Check to see if all the normal Microsoft Exchange services are running. Try starting any that aren't running and see if that helps. If it's ok to do so, reboot all the Exchange servers.

Did not work
Old 10-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #1039
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Old 10-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #1040
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Sysadmin top tip, Build a tiny junk box that runs htop at all times, or tail -f an active log file, while you might very well be working just fine, furrowing your brow at what looks like the matrix always equals productivity, and a don't want to know any details situation.

I once worked for a guy who took every monitor that went bad or got discarded or whatnot, he stacked them all up (back when CRTs were big) to create a massive wall of monitors, he set them all up to be actively humming around on very complex looking stuff. He confided in me that ever since he installed this operation his budgets are always passed, he never gets a negative review, never gets oversight, etc etc. He does the same work he always did, on the real work PC, but to an untrained observer it is now 1000x more important and critical he does it, while before he was constantly on the chopping block as "The guy who never does anything" It was so effective they hired (young me) because he was clearly so busy he needed an assistant.

Edit: And to clarify, I'm not advocating dicking off here, its just sometimes what is really work (Staring at a single static line of code for five minutes with your brain smoking and your anger levels rising doesn't look nearly as impressive as what people expect our work to be. And when someone walks in and asks why you are staring at a wall pondering a problem, its often pretty difficult to come up with a good reason that a layman will understand for whom actively toiling=productivity.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #1041
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Great idea, and you could even display useful stuff that you normally don't bother to watch just because it's not useful enough to be worth making a special effort to see.

I did have to read the whole thing before I could understand that first line...major syntax failure there. Here it is cleaned up:
Sysadmin top tip:
Build a tiny junk box that runs htop at all times, or tail -f an active log file. The sight of you furrowing your brow at what looks like The Matrix always looks like productivity and an "I don't want to know any details" situation.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #1042
stonehenge

yeah i read it a couple times and was like but got the point by the time i read the whole thing
Old 10-30-2011, 04:11 AM   #1043
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

That bank contacted me again after I declined, they upped the salary to $36,000 now so I'll probably take it.

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #1044
stonehenge

bank wants nailz pen0r

btw don't let them know you been playing Pay Day
Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 AM   #1045
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

Them: Any experience working in a bank?

Me: Well...

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:13 AM   #1046
stonehenge

Me: haz robbed e-banks before

I mean, haz experience in vault workings, alarms, and "security" of computah terminals
Old 11-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #1047
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Boss calls me about a problem. I tell him I'll apply updates and reboot servers.

Updates are downloading when he calls and says whatever I did worked.

Then everything dies.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #1048
stonehenge

read first line and was like

read second and was like

then read third
Old 11-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #1049
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I was like

in the second line. I hadn't done anything yet when he said it was fixed, and the updates meant I'd have to reboot soon.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #1050
stonehenge

well at the second I assumed it was just a hiccup in the network or something