Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #226
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
wtf i thought you said it would boot fine after that message passed??
lol

it did in the past but now its just, windows logo, dell logo, the message then repeat
BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #227
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

try safe mode and see if it will let you get in or if its fubar
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #228
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Boot in safe mode. Click Start. Click run. Type sfc /scannow and click ok. Be ready with your Windows XP CD.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

It'll take a long time to run.

ok....thats where i see the options:

Safe mode
Safe Mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt
Old 12-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #229
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

If you can't get into safe mode to run sfc /scannow, boot from the windows CD and do a repair install.

If you can't boot from the windows CD....umm....that would suck.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #230
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

well it sucks because i can't boot from the cd

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

ok...i'm typing all of this on my little brothers netbook

But i think i'm on to something

will report back with results

L8R
Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #231
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Is the CD a Microsoft Windows XP install CD, or is it something with the computer manufacturer's brand name on it?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #232
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOURKE View Post
well it sucks because i can't boot from the cd

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

ok...i'm typing all of this on my little brothers netbook

But i think i'm on to something

will report back with results

L8R
Hopefully your at BestBuy.com or something ordering a new computer
Old 12-16-2009, 11:49 PM   #233
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

FYI, you guys were no help

I used method 2 on this site:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/10/27...ssfully-error/

My top disc drive was stuck and i had to pry it open with a butter knife to get the CD in. After that the CD started up and i repaired my POS computer

Old 12-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #234
stonehenge

rofl
Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #235
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

Old 12-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #236
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOURKE View Post
FYI, you guys were no help

I used method 2 on this site:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/10/27...ssfully-error/

Quote:
If you can't get into safe mode to run sfc /scannow, boot from the windows CD and do a repair install.

If you can't boot from the windows CD....umm....that would suck.
Quote:
My top disc drive was stuck and i had to pry it open with a butter knife to get the CD in. After that the CD started up and i repaired my POS computer
You said that it wouldn't boot from the CD earlier, implying that you managed to get the CD into the drive...
Old 12-17-2009, 01:09 AM   #237
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

Quote:

You said that it wouldn't boot from the CD earlier, implying that you managed to get the CD into the drive...
I haz two

a top and bottom thingy

I had it in the bottom one

the thing is i remember it working in both trays so it didn't really matter, at least i thought

Last edited by BillyJeanKing; 01-08-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #238
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/computers
Old 01-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #239
stonehenge

you have opened the door to many lulz:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/zombie_how
Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #240
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

THC go to this site, register and see if you can use the chat room. The link for it is at the top highlighted in yellow

http://www.daytrader.com/forums/

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

O and you gaiz should register too

learn a little about stock trading

Last edited by BillyJeanKing; 01-20-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #241
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
[09:55] Connecting...
[09:56] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect
Nope. Probably a badly written java applet, though it could be network issues. IRC can really be a pain in the butt because a lot of IRC servers insist on using identd to authenticate clients...but identd is incredibly obsolete and not very compatible with modern NAT networks, as well as not running on anybody's computer to begin with.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #242
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

thanks gai

I thought it was just me
Old 01-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #243
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Windows XP SP3. USB drives (flash drives, hard drives, NTFS, FAT32, EXT3 (using appropriate driver)) work properly and are accessible, except through Windows Explorer (My Computer, etc). The Open/Save dialog in most applications can access it. A DOS prompt can access it. A Windows Explorer replacement like Explorer++ can access it. It doesn't show up in Windows Explorer/My Computer, and if I type in the drive letter (like "G:") it says "Cannot find file:///G:/, make sure the path or internet address is correct". Any ideas?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #244
stonehenge

Quote:
Totally separate topic for other IT gaiz:

Windows XP SP3. USB drives (flash drives, hard drives, NTFS, FAT32, EXT3 (using appropriate driver)) work properly and are accessible, except through Windows Explorer (My Computer, etc). The Open/Save dialog in most applications can access it. A DOS prompt can access it. A Windows Explorer replacement like Explorer++ can access it. It doesn't show up in Windows Explorer/My Computer, and if I type in the drive letter (like "G:") it says "Cannot find file:///G:/, make sure the path or internet address is correct". Any ideas?
well thats a first. For me they are usually visible to all or none. Makes me think maybe some of those "bad" drives weren't so bad after all
Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #245
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

Chat room be fixed
Old 01-21-2010, 01:08 AM   #246
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

nice
Old 01-21-2010, 01:53 AM   #247
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado View Post
nice
Old 01-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #248
stonehenge

Kinda random but do any of you IT gaiz have any sort of scheduling system running at your places? I'm talking about something that would show who is at work on what days, who is out sick, who is on vacation, etc. It doesn't have to sync to people calendars and shit, it would be completely separate. It is really just to see who is here and who isn't.

Each user should be able to login and modify THEIR time. Like if I'm taking the day off, I put the hours in and add it to the schedule. Also would help if an admin or mod of some sort could edit it also. (example, someone calls in sick and can't update the calendar themselves, admin woman can do it).

I'd prefer some sort of thing I can install on a server and everyone can access from their browser.

I know its a long shot but figured I'd see if you guys had any ideas.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #249
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

we use outlook calendar.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

btw....iz no IT gai...but I figured I could help even if ur question was not directed at me

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Old 01-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #250
stonehenge

Flex Day!? It's EOMO :talocoflexday:

Many here are fairly anti-MS but I'll definitely check it out