Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #16801
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Your new phone is about to cost just a bit more if you're on Verizon Wireless, as the company has just announced that it is going to institute a $30 upgrade fee come April 22nd. The fee applies to customers who are due for an upgrade and purchase a new, subsidized phone with a two-year contract. The company says that the new charge will "help us continue to provide customers with the level of service and support they have come to expect," but we're sure some of it has to do with the high cost of building out (and purchasing spectrum for) an LTE network. Verizon is the last major carrier to implement such a fee — AT&T and Sprint both charge their customers $36, and T-Mobile has an $18 fee.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #16802
MikeH
waffler

MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Not surprising, but should be a pretty easy fee to get around IMO.
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #16803
.GARY.

.GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
.GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one..GARY. says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Leave it to Verizon to find another way to get more money out of its customers, as if their fees aren't expensive enough for a data plans and such
.GARY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #16804
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Gary, but if you read, the other carriers already have the fee, so we got away w/o it for a long time. Like Mike said, VZW tends to waive fees if you complain, so maybe that wont be a big deal. Plus, there are already a shitload of petitions going around. The last thing they tried to change that people got pissed at got reversed. I forget what it was now lol
Old 04-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #16805
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

No contract, no worries here!

SarkOzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #16806
stonehenge

$30 + Upgrade Price < Retail for the same phone

k thx plz go hippie
Old 04-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #16807
race2c
Garage Status

race2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imo
race2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imo

VZW

If I ever get new phone, I will bitch about that for sure.

CAM
king of wafflers
foo is deep
guarantee expert
opinion hoar
race2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #16808
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:SarkOzy thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
$30 + Upgrade Price < Retail for the same phone

k thx plz go hippie
Not when you have Mike dealing his old phones for $130

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Btw, what CPU governor are y'all using now? I've been on Lazy forever it seems like, but switched to Conservative and it's so much better than OnDemand or Lazy. Battery life has been great the past two days and no more of that annoying stutter of the lockscreen animation when waking up the phone like the Lazy governor had, and MUCH better battery life than OnDemand.

Deadline scheduler has been kept the same. The kernel defaults to FIOPS but it's too unstable.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #16809
stonehenge

keyword being old, if you don't mind upgrading to old stuff every time OR spending lots of money for newer stuff then no need for a contract
Old 04-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #16810
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

Quote:
keyword being old, if you don't mind upgrading to old stuff every time OR spending lots of money for newer stuff then no need for a contract
Old as in 9 months?

Le Fassy came out in 2010 and it's still good enough hardware wise to run the latest version of Android, has as much dev support as any non-Nexus phone, etc. The point I'm trying to make is hardware specs are really a non issue now on basically every new phone rolling out. They're all roughly the same and will be that way for the foreseeable future. Look at the Inc2 and Razr. Both have been out awhile and prices are coming way own buying them secondhand, but neither are "outdated."

Old 04-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #16811
stonehenge

Razr w/ upgrade is $199. Cheapest Razr on CL here is $375.

I know you don't pay as much when you upgrade as we do because you buy old phones. Yes, your "old" phone still has decent specs and isn't a POS, that isn't what I'm saying. My DX was plenty fast and had nothing wrong with it but I couldn't wait to get a bigger better beastier phone. Since that is the mentality I have (ooo must have shiny new beast), the contract makes more sense for me. It would cost more than the upgrade price (even +$30) to get a GNex off contract.

If I didn't have that mentality then yes, there are plenty of "old" phones with decent specs to be had. I could go buy one of them now and throw it on my line, a contract doesn't prevent me from upgrading Chriz style. I don't see the bad side of a contract unless you plan on hopping to different carriers every now and then. I like VZW and have no plans on leaving, so I might as well get a $600 phone for less than half the price.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #16812
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

then get new phone the next year

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #16813
stonehenge

Me? If they let me upgrade early then might as well

Otherwise I don't buy phones off contract hardly ever, that be Mike switching phones constantly rofl
Old 04-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #16814
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

I agree Wan, but I'm anti-contract (seriously, the US and Canada are the only countries on earf that the majority of cell customers are locked into contracts) anyway. From a cost and flexibility standpoint it can't be beast, especially since Verizon uses the same network for prepaid stuff. (ATT, TM etc use a watered down version of their regular network. FTS)

Also, can still get unlimited data if coming from another carrier

Old 04-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #16815
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

cant wait for my contracts to be over. gonna throw my phone into whatever douchebags attends me when the time comes right at their douchebag faces. probably cancel the one other extended line too while im there. walk out with a gasoline trail behind me and drop a match

gonna go no contract then. chriz style

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #16816
stonehenge

And why are you so against contracts again Cez?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #16817
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

im just against t mobile really. and having to pay and insane amount of money for somethign i hardly use. hell all i use is the internet, like 10 mintues a month and a text or two every so often im sure the other phones are similar (except sisters but she has unlimited texting)

NOPE $200

fuck you. gonna pick up phone i tosed at douchebags face and shove it up their ass dry. dont think my cablez has a contract. and i use that shit and internet more. money grubbing cellphone douchebags. i dont even get coverage always in places I FUCKING EXPECT IT.

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #16818
stonehenge

Well no matter what you'll pay for data even if you don't use much but you could move to a carrier that has better coverage in your area and maybe you won't feel like doing murders as much.

Cable companies don't have contracts but they raise the prices whenever they feel like it. Fgt Cox has raised that shit like 3 times in the 1-1.25 years we've been here. Cocksuckers.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #16819
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

I'd have to cancel my existing contract and get another for that

Yea but with cable u can call and bitch. They want to keep you as a costumer. Theyd being up a new promotion and put you on that. Then call a few months later when it rises lol

With these companies you go and bitch about price they'd be like tough shit deal with it. You let us rape u when u signed contract

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Power amp cant validate license wtf ffuuu

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works
Old 04-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #16820
stonehenge

even if you go off contract, your bitching probably won't get you anywhere
Old 04-12-2012, 02:10 AM   #16821
SarkOzy
Secret Shit y0

Tapatalk updated just now. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #16822
stonehenge

played with Tapa2 a while ago, there are a few parts that are nice, some parts that are different but you'll get used to it
Old 04-12-2012, 02:24 AM   #16823
race2c
Garage Status

race2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imo
race2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imorace2c can perform some srs rep rapes imo

I think the last (new) phone I got via an upgrade, contract renewal or new contract was a BB8130 Pearl. I bought my BB9630 Tour and OG D1 via 3rd party. The DX was received in a trade for Sennheiser headphones. The DInc2 was given to me from stepdad.

csb

CAM
king of wafflers
foo is deep
guarantee expert
opinion hoar
race2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #16824
stonehenge

First two smartphones were a BB Curve and Storm, those were off-contract because the Curve was cheap as shit and then I traded it for the Storm. Then the D1 was on contract, DX was on contract, GNex on contract. Wifes Eris and Strat on contract.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #16825
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

Quote:
even if you go off contract, your bitching probably won't get you anywhere
ehh. but i can stop using the companywithout still having to shell out more money to those fucks

Quote:

Unlimited Pedo Works