Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2017, 11:47 PM   #2526
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

They are 2 different sites w 2 different static IP addresses from the ISP

But subnet is 255.255.255.252 for both

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Site 1 IP is 173.xxx.xxx.xxx
Sure 2 is 40.xxx.xxx.xxx

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #2527
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Repeater stations not repeating the same LAN, but still need to talk to each other? Weird. To talk to each other through the WAN they don't need any special settings, but obviously they need routable IPs and no firewalls obstructing their way. The same default gateway that gets them out to the internet will get them to each other, though I guess it's possible that they could get different routes sometimes due to failures, delays, and traffic shaping.

Just to confirm: These are some sort of wireless (not necessarily wifi; I assume police stuff?) repeaters, and they are in range of each other on that wireless connection?

Can they be set with secondary IPs sharing a subnet on the wireless interface? For that matter, does the wireless interface already have an IP?
Old 02-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #2528
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Heres what the deal is. Sorry for the late reply.

This county has 2 repeaters (2-way radio) that the officers have forever had to switch between the 2, depending on which was closer.
Well, we got everything upgraded over the lsat 3 weeks and now, the 2 new repeaters will be linkied together via DSL connections in each location. One in the courthouse in town, the other in the fire station in the other town. This allows the 2 repeaters to "talk" to one another over the DSL connections to constantly monitor where the officers cars are to see which tower is closer and the radios in the cars swap to whichever offers the best signal just like a cell tower. My problem is getting the 2 devices, which are hooked behind dsl modem/routers to see one another.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

The guy installing it all seems to think I can designate one of the ethernet ports on the modem/router to give it the public IP address that ISP has assigned (each location has a static IP with 2 useable public IP's. The modem takes up one of those addresses) and he just programs his device with that public IP address and all is well.

I was thinking I had to give the device an internal IP, then set up a route or NAT to have that internal IP be accesable when you ping the public IP..

I know what I want to do, and what I'm trying to say, but I can't say it right. I haven't networked anything in like 3 years and forgot what I need to do

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

I'f I'm thinking right, I need to set up port forwarding. Get those 2 devices to operate on the same port (if that can be configured) and just do a simple port forward. correct?
Old 02-09-2017, 04:10 PM   #2529
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

ah, yeah. If you port forward the ports that you need to the IP of the repeater (do this on each end) then publicip:thatport will take you to that device.

I do this at home so I can ssh into a machine. By default if I try to ssh to my IP, it wouldn't know which machine to go to at my house. By port forwarding port 22 or something to the internal IP of my "server", I can now ssh to port 22 using my public IP and it will forward it to my server.

If that makes sense.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

I do this via my router since it's just a home setup. Not sure if you're using a router, or one built into the DSL modem, or what.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #2530
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

You could assign a private IP and forward a port, or you could use the extra public IP. Either way should work fine. Forwarding a port is more secure but could require more of your attention in the future.

Is there a standard practice for those? Can you check with other PD IT folks for which way is more common? I never worked with that situation when I was doing IT for the PD.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:00 PM   #2531
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I am their IT, thats the bad part. THey have other vendors that support different equipment there, but for the most part, I'm the man. And for this, everybody is depending on me to get it right.

At the remote location (2nd repeater) there is only a Sagemcom 1704n modem/router. Which is capable of port forwarding. That 3mb/768 connection is there ONLY for the repeater. Nothing else will ever be on it.

As for the PD, they have a Sagemcom 4320, but it's bridged and their Sonicwall is doing the authentication. So I have to do the port fowarding in the Sonicwall, but the vendor that set it up is being douchey about giving the password out. Anyhow, That aside is it best to just do a port forward, or set up a VPN and let them communicate over that? The sonicwall at the office is already acting as a vpn as the patrol cars access software form the PD remotely.

The Kenwood KTI-3 is the box that I'm using to connect the 2 sites. And I believe it converts the traffic into UDP.. But there is very little configuring you can do.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #2532
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

If you can get the remote modem/router to use the VPN, that's more secure and then you can talk straight to the internal IP on the other side without forwarding.

If you don't use VPN then you'll have to let that port/IP through the firewall in addition to forwarding it on the router AFAIK

Maybe just tell the Sonicwall vendor to do it if they won't give you the password. Just say "I need traffic from the outside going to this port to reach my repeater at this IP" or attempt the VPN method. The VPN essentially drops the offsite repeater into the PD's network space without opening things up.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #2533
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

But, I'd have to have a vpn device on the remote repeaters end as well, correct? They don't want to spend any more money if they can help it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:11 PM   #2534
stonehenge

possibly, unless the router can connect to a VPN, but I doubt it can. I'd say go into each router and forward the needed ports to the repeater's inside IP address. Then tell the Sonicwall peeps to let it through the firewall. I'm thinking that should get you what you need.

Let Rick weigh in. Lately I've done more desktop than networking.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #2535
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

This is the only config I have inside the unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:22 PM   #2536
stonehenge

dat Windows XP

So that is the config of the repeater or the router? If that's the router then fak.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:30 AM   #2537
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

That is the only config I had inside repewter IP box. I've been. Reading on it all evening. Most ppl say I need VPN, then some.say no VPN needed. It has settings for unicast and multicast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:13 AM   #2538
stonehenge

brb lemme go look at it tomorrow after work

Sent from my LG V20
Old 02-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #2539
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I got told last night the guy that set up the current VPN between the cars and server was going to do it. Which is fine. He's already familiar w the sonicwall. I really wanted to do it just to learn

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #2540
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

This is a system that needs to be simple and robust. Public IP or port forwarding would both be fine, but VPN is excess complication.

That 172.16 IP is private, not public. Port forwarding would definitely be needed for that.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:05 PM   #2541
stonehenge

yeah, VPN while being more secure, adds a layer of shenanigans

YayBo, can you meet up and watch the dude while he configures it or will it be done remotely?
Old 02-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #2542
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I just left meeting with him. This is the plan as of right now. I'm going to configure the main device, which is behind the sonicwall, to see the 2nd device, which is behind nothing but a modem. That 2nd device will have simple port forwarding done (all ports since its the ONLY thing on that modem) so that it can Rx the packets. It won't be able to Tx back to the main because it's behind the firewall. Then I will call the sonic wall guy, and he will remote in and see what port the devices are communicating on and open that one on the sonic wall.
I may not have explained it very good....but it makes sense in my head
Old 02-10-2017, 09:18 PM   #2543
stonehenge

makes sense to me

Old 02-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #2544
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

And yet another snag..
According to Kenwood, we were not putting the correct addresses in the repeater. It states that 1 entry in the screen I posted above has to be the local IP address. I assumed this would be the internal address. But, they said the subnet and gateway HAVE to be the same at both locations. So, what I did is had him program the 1st useable static IP address ISP assigned in slot 1, and the 2nd in slot 2. Now I have to call in and have the ip address at site 2 changed to the 2nd usable static address they assigned. I think...

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #2545
stonehenge

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/...-usb-31-speeds

Old 08-17-2017, 11:37 PM   #2546
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Cliffs pls

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:04 AM   #2547
stonehenge

USB-C/Thunderbolt/Active/Passive/3.0/3.1/wattage = very confuse
Old 08-18-2017, 12:52 AM   #2548
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion

Pinche electronics

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:53 PM   #2549
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Stonehenge, you're probably seeing tickets about this...

User tries to sign in to mailbox and receives error "OwaUserHasNoMailboxAndNoLicenseAssignedExcept ion"

https://portal.office.com/AdminPorta...lerts/EX280059 says "We've identified that two separate processes are attempting to update a user at the same time, causing contention when applying their licence."

https://portal.office.com/AdminPorta...sages/MC281145 is titled "Retirement of (Azure AD) Graph and license assignment operations and updates to license management APIs"

Gee, I wonder what the cause might be.

Thanks, Microsoft!
Old 11-11-2021, 03:35 AM   #2550
VmaxEngage
melons :drool:

VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
VmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTVmaxEngage will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VmaxEngage View Post
So, may have jerb with Equifax. Had an interview today, it went very well IMO

...one thing that freaked me out tho was yesterday at my current jerb I got a 10% raise and an iPad Mini 2.

Weird how that happened the day before an interview. I took a half day today, wonder if they think something is up? We had 3 people quit last month...

Wonder if Equifax contacted them? IDK seems more than coincidence...
Good lord that seems like yesterday.

Already been with Equifax for 6 years now