Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #23326
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

not sure how to fix permissions in recover. never done that before

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

its still booting android recovery btw.. not twrp like I flashed

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

hmm.. refuses to boot into new recovery. even reflashed in odin
Old 04-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #23327
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

so its not flashing correctly. make sure you have the right recovery, maybe download it again.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #23328
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

hmm... let me look

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

INSTEAD OF the newest twrp I tried downloading and flashing the previous one

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Hmm..

I hole Vol + , home and pwr and it just vibrates every so often, doing nothing. like a boot loop. let go of PWR, holding VOL+ and home and it boots to android recovery.

weird
Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #23329
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

O_o

im gonna miss my nexus if I have to get a non-nexus next
Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #23330
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

waaaaaaait.

when I downloaded the .tar file for TWRP, it shows as a zip file in my explorer on W7. the CWM touch is a tar.md5 file...

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

meh.. no difference after flashing the other recovery.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

going to eat lunch. brb
Old 04-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #23331
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater
chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater

if you can get root and boot install the goo app and let it install twrp for you.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #23332
stonehenge

the .md5 file is just a file to use to make sure your file downloaded correctly, it's not the actual recovery. The recovery should be a .img file unless the s3 is different.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

http://developer.sonymobile.com/2013...-source-video/
Old 04-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #23333
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

i thought i was when came to rooting and shit

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #23334
stonehenge

yaybo has the WORST luck with rooting and phones in general, even though he has had several by now and rooted them all. He still runs into weird problems that we never have.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #23335
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I followed every instruction to a T
It just won't boot into new recovery. Therefore I can't flash root

Sent from my SCH-I535
Old 04-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #23336
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater
chevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theaterchevyrado14 drives a Chevrolet movie theater

make sure the new recovery file is the .img like juan said.

edit! should be .tar like the directions say. .img is probably for updating after its already installed.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #23337
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Well ive flashed twrp and clockwork mod with no luxk. Will only boot to android recovery

Sent from my SCH-I535
Old 04-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #23338
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

try starting over with this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1762709

do you already have jellybean? because there are special instructions on there for that.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #23339
stonehenge

XDA pages are showing up with shitty formatting for me, they just look like basic HTML pages wtf
Old 04-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #23340
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I'm on 4.1.2 so yea I have jb already

Sent from my SCH-I535
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #23341
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In that case looks like all you have to do I'd download and flash a prerooted jb ROM from that XDA thread and flash in Odin

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #23342
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

I'm trying to download the 4.1.1 one. 1.2GB. seems to be a large ass file!

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

maybe do 4.0.4 and then upgradez
Old 04-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #23343
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

id stick with the 4.1 rolling back might mess your phone up idk. after you flash the 4.1 in odin do this...

Step 8: Open up the SuperUser application from your app drawer and make sure the binaries are up to date! You can do this by sliding over to the info screen and selecting update binary.

Step 9: Download the EZ-Unlock app to your device from HERE.(Only use version 1.1 or 1.2 for now as the latest versions have issues!)

Step 10: Open the app and select unlock! Now your unlocked...yup its that easy!

Step 11: Download the EZ-recovery app to your device from HERE.

Step 12: Open app, select CWM recovery, tap the pulldown menu, choose CWM 6.0.1, select flash, then reboot recovery.

Step 13: Congrats you are now rooted, unlocked, and have a custom recovery installed!! If you want to flash a custom rom proceed to section 3 or 4.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #23344
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

BAM!

Success! using these steps.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2046439
Old 04-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #23345
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #23346
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

Hell, that was easy actually. Once I found the right stuff. I guess that OTA update they pushed out that I installed screwed me up

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Well!!
When in recovery I can see a folder I apparently tried to hide. That I want to see now and it shows up nowhere else lol. named .jayson

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

NVM. Found them. FUck yeah. Score
Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #23347
stonehenge

Bad luck Brian overcomes the challenges
Old 04-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #23348
chevyrado14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Is now success kid

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-24-2013, 03:09 AM   #23349
stonehenge

Old 04-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #23350
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

So I remember unlocking the built in wifi tether on my bionic and my friends razr with sqlite. But I can't seem to find that option on this phone yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535