Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Entertainment
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Question Streaming hardware & services...anybody use this stuff?

I'm beginning to wonder if I ought to join the rest of everybody in this millennium and use my TV with le internet. I have basic 27" CRTs so nothing fancy, no HDMI or anything like that, just chillin' with standard definition...and tired of watching the same shit every day, full of commercials, censored, on the schedule dictated by the network/cable channels.

It's a huge market full of all kinds of shit I'll have to read up on, but what are you guys doing?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

I have a Roku 3 hooked up to my HDTV in my room, besides the PS3. Have Netflix, Amazon Prime Instant Video, Funimation, Crackle, Manga TV, Rev 3, Giant Bomb, IGN, and Machinima on it. There are a ton of channels on it besides those, quite a few free ones too. Crackle, Popcorn Flix, and OVguide all have free movies/shows on them...and those are only the more popular free ones I know about.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Only thing is the Roku 3 is HDMI only, so if you don't wanna go that route and upgrade your TV I would just get one of the Roku 2 models.

Here is a good rundown of all the models/channels on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I have Dish HD and hardly ever watch it...usually watch shit on my Roku now...use to on the PS3 before I got this.

Fuck PSN Trophies and Fuck Sony
New PSN because I got fucked over: CyberpunkGod

Last edited by Chevrolet Fanatic; 05-01-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Chevrolet Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
Cez★
C-E-Z★ bitch

El Emigrante Champion Kill Time in Your Office Champion Tobby: Crane Champion Zelda Champion
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.Cez★ says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

netflix cao imo

Quote:
I am the robber of my cradle. Candy is my body and teddy-bears are my blood. I have snatched over a thousand little girls. Unknown to police. Nor known to Chris Henson. Have withstood time to stalk many children. Yet those kids will never be enough. So as I pray--

Unlimited Pedo Works
Cez★ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Roku does look pretty cool, and the basic units (LT and HD) are more affordable than I expected.

Cez, I think Netflix is what got me thinking about this. Was at a buddy's place and he was playing episodes of TV shows I liked, pretty sure he was using Netflix. I gotta say I was impressed. I think he was using a game console.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

We don't have cable TV at all. Just Netflix. On the TV we use a PlayStation 3 even though we never play games on it. You can get one used for $150ish and you get:

- a bluray/DVD/CD player
- can stream video/audio/image/pr0n files from your computer via network or from a flash drive
- can download movies/shows from PlayStation Store if you want
- can watch Netflix, Crackle, Amazon, Hulu, etc
- has an internet browser
- Controllers are Bluetooth and rechargeable so no batteries ever
- comes with red/yellow/white RCAs and has an HDMI port if you ever get an HDTV.
- you can play games on it if you/wifey/kittahs (not wein0r) ever feel like it

A Roku should work too but I love my ps3, bought the second one used just for streaming stuff.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.
Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.Chevrolet Fanatic secretly wants Ewok's wife's parrot.

The only thing better about the Roku's are the price and it has a a whole lot more free content. Although you miss the DVD/Blu-Ray player.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

and you have to use bloated Plex to stream stuff to it :/
Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

You can use PlayOn too, but FTS, I don't want either.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #9
stonehenge

GheyOn?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #10
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

$10 off this week on the Roku 2 XD on their website.

http://www.roku.com/roku-products

Old 05-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #11
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this and just grab a Roku LT. It's cheap enough to take the risk that it won't work out well. It's a birthday gift for my wife, and she loves purple so that will endear her to it. If she likes it but we need more features we can upgrade later. If they offered the HD or 2 LT in purple I'd consider them but I think she'll be more happy with purple than with technical features and therefore more likely to use it. Optimal end game would be we cancel Cox cable TV service, but until HBO sells standalone HBO Go subscriptions I may not be able to sell that; she can't live without seeing True Blood the day it comes out.

When I posted this thread I assumed these gizmos are priced in the hundreds of dollars.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #12
stonehenge

Plus with Netflix you can watch pasture documentaries on the computer/iPad while she watches lady stuffs on the Roku
Old 05-08-2013, 02:28 AM   #13
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

lol, pasture documentaries.

Yeah the LT is still good, it even plays in 720p HD if you ever upgrade your television or anything.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #14
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Order placed. Purple thang coming in le mail. Wife's birthday substantially figured out.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
stonehenge

First month of Netflix should be free, then only $8-9 after that depending on taxes and shit
Old 05-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
MikeH
waffler

MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.MikeH says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I don't watch Netflix all that much anymore, but there are quite a few good shows on there. Not the greatest movie selection though. I only have it still because my brother watches it all the time.
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #17
stonehenge

me and wifey watch it all the time since no cable there are a handful of shows i download because we watch them as they air

TV shows are definitely the best part of Netflix. There are decent movies too but they are mixed in with plenty of meh movies.

The documentaries and other informative shows can be pretty cool too.

Oh and the Netflix exclusives are fairly well made and they put the whole season on at once so you can watch them at your own pace. House of Cards was good, watched it all. Watched a few eps of Lilyhammer... a little weird but made well. Hemlock Grove just dropped and it is a warewolf show, it actually looks pretty gruesome lol. New Arrested Development later this month, Orange Is The New Black in July, and probably more after that.

Cao will like that all 9 seasons of Futurama, 9 seasons of Family Guy, 7 seasons of American Dad, 3 seasons of The Cleveland Show, 13 seasons of King of the Hill, and "Volume 1" of Beavis & Butthead, are all available to stream.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #18
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

I honestly like a lot of the indie and B movies on Netflix...they have their fare share of big time blockbusters too though.

I usually have about 100 things in my instant queue all the time...and I usually watch Netflix rather than TV, if that gives an idea of how much content they have.

BTW, you foos need to watch Justice League/Justice League Unlimited and Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes on there...BAMF.

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

If you use this website it can help you find movies/shows a lot easier and keep up on new releases.

http://instantwatcher.com/

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

I swear I honestly don't know how I lived before I got DSL.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #19
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
Cao will like that all 9 seasons of Futurama, 9 seasons of Family Guy, 7 seasons of American Dad, 3 seasons of The Cleveland Show, 13 seasons of King of the Hill, and "Volume 1" of Beavis & Butthead, are all available to stream.

I'm worried that I'm too late to the party though:
http://dottech.org/107610/netflix-ha...and-universal/
Netflix has lost 1,794 movies and TV shows thanks to expiring contracts with Warner Bros, MGM, and Universal

Did Netflix lose all content from those studios, or just some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Fanatic View Post
I honestly like a lot of the indie and B movies on Netflix...they have their fare share of big time blockbusters too though.
When Netflix first came out, before streaming was anything more than a pipe dream and they mailed DVDs 3 at a time for $15/mo, I had it and B movie jest was mainly what I used it for.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265587/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092610/
http://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Blood-G.../dp/B00005A07K
Old 05-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #20
stonehenge

Not sure about the contracts but I didn't notice any drop in content. Plus they are always signing different contracts, they recently got Disney and Cartoon Network.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

Also, you can still get physical discs mailed to you. I think its $8 for one at a time. Idk don't use it.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #21
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

I get 2 disks at a time and streaming, think mine is around $23 a month.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I think it is $8 for one at a time, but you get the best value with the 2 or 3 at a time if you send them back asap.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #22
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

That's why it never worked for me...I'd get 3 discs, procrastinate, and next thing you know it's months later and I could have bought them twice over for the monthly fees I've spent to sit on them.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #23
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Yeah, that is the main thing I try to do so I can get my moneys worth and more. I always watch them as soon as they come and then send them back the next day if possible.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #24
stonehenge

nailz hoars it up
Old 05-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #25
Chevrolet Fanatic
Life & Hometown

Stick em in, go hard, then pull out...and send them away.