Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Entertainment
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
RogueStatus
Sooper Secret

RogueStatus has proper elevator etiquette
RogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquetteRogueStatus has proper elevator etiquette
Default A-Rod Admitted Using Roids

A-Rod has now admitted using Steroids in the 03 season while he was with the Rangers.

Quote:
NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez admitted to using performance-enhancing drugs in an interview on Monday with ESPN.

Rodriguez told veteran baseball reporter Peter Gammons that he used steroids "for a period of time" and only when he was with the Rangers. Rodriguez played for Texas from 2001-03 before being traded to the Yankees prior to the '04 season.

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure," Rodriguez said. "I felt like I had all the weight of the world on top of me, and I needed to perform -- and perform at a high level -- every day.

"Back then, it was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone that I was worth being one of the greatest players of all-time. I did take a banned substance, and for that I'm very sorry. I'm deeply regretful.

"I'm sorry for that time, I'm sorry to my fans, I'm sorry to my fans in Texas. It wasn't until then that I ever thought about substances of any kind. Since then, I've proved to myself and to everyone that I don't need any of that."

Rodriguez signed a 10-year, $252 million contract with the Rangers before the 2001 season. Sports Illustrated reported on its Web site Saturday that Rodriguez tested positive for testosterone and Primobolan during his 2003 American League MVP season.

"It was such a loosey-goosey era; I'm guilty for a lot of things," Rodriguez told Gammons. "I'm guilty of being negligent, naïve, not asking all the right questions. To be quite honest, I don't know exactly what substance I was guilty of using."

The full interview will be broadcast on the 6 p.m. ET edition of SportsCenter and will be posted on ESPN.com.

"I was astounded at how emotional he was," Gammons said on ESPN. "He seemed to be so relieved in getting this off his chest. One of those things that he said was he lived with it for a long time and he was glad to get it out, to try to set himself free."

Rodriguez directly contradicted a December 2007 interview with CBS's "60 Minutes," during which he told Katie Couric he had never used steroids, human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing substance.

"I've never felt overmatched on the baseball field," Rodriguez said then. "I felt that if I did my work as I've done since I was a rookie back in Seattle, I didn't have a problem competing at any level."

Earlier reports Monday said that Rodriguez consulted with long-time representative Scott Boras to decide how to respond, after a bombshell news report pegged him as one of the 104 players who tested positive in Major League Baseball's 2003 survey testing program.

The steroids story was uncovered by SI reporter Selena Roberts, who said more detail would be included in a magazine article to hit newsstands Tuesday. Roberts is also researching an unauthorized biography, "Hit and Run: The Many Lives of Alex Rodriguez," which will be released on May 19 by HarperCollins.

Rodriguez had not commented publicly since the story broke, having been on a short vacation in the Bahamas. The Yankees have so far declined comment.

The alleged positive tests for testosterone and Primobolan came during a season when A-Rod led the AL in home runs, runs scored and slugging percentage. Penalties for positive tests were not in place until 2004, and there is no indication that Rodriguez tested positive anytime after '03.

Boras told Fox Sports on Saturday that even if the SI report is accurate, "It was one season, and since then, Alex has gotten the 'Good Housekeeping' seal the last five years by passing baseball's drug tests."

Boras and Rodriguez had a famous falling out, after the agent leaked word of A-Rod's decision to opt out of his Yankees contract. Rodriguez has said that he was "white as a ghost" when news of the decision broke during Game 4 of the 2007 World Series between the Red Sox and Rockies.

The Yankees had said at the time they would not negotiate with Rodriguez, but with A-Rod desperate to stay in New York, the slugger shunned Boras and personally negotiated aspects of a new 10-year, $275 million contract with ownership.

The slugger has continued to keep Boras as his baseball representative, but he has also looked elsewhere for guidance. In December 2007, Rodriguez signed on with Madonna's agent, Guy Oseary, to explore opportunities to expand his image and brand.

Rodriguez does not have to report to the Yankees' Spring Training camp until Feb. 17, but he has a public event scheduled this week. The University of Miami plans to honor Rodriguez on Friday at a rededication of its baseball field, Mark Light Field at Alex Rodriguez Park.

A-Rod donated $3.9 million to the school, which he planned to attend before being selected No. 1 overall by the Seattle Mariners in the 1993 Draft. The Palm Beach Post has reported that the event will go on as planned.
your thoughts
RogueStatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

"a rod", "the unit", whats next "the big cock"?
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
Bighead38

Parachute Champion USA - Geography game Champion Horse Racing Champion
Bighead38 may have a mustache.

hi sam
Bighead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
Johnny Utah
AOT.com Hero

Johnny Utah may have a mustache.

Seriously, if people took 20 minutes and actually tried to understand that 'roids are not the evil drug that the media makes them out to be, then all this shit would end. Yay baseball...who gives a fuck.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
Shaggy
In It To Win It...

Shaggy has disabled reputation

How is it not the evil drug?

GMFS STATUS: NOT BANNED
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #6
Bighead38

Parachute Champion USA - Geography game Champion Horse Racing Champion
Bighead38 may have a mustache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Seriously, if people took 20 minutes and actually tried to understand that 'roids are not the evil drug that the media makes them out to be, then all this shit would end. Yay baseball...who gives a fuck.
so you take steroids huh
Bighead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
Johnny Utah
AOT.com Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
How is it not the evil drug?
There are a ton of reasons it's not. I can literally spend all day listing them and give you a diatribe of why the media and gov't is stupid towards steroids.

Simple fact is, is that steroids are not what everyone makes them out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead38 View Post
so you take steroids huh
Yeah, I admit it. I take 100mg/week of injectable testosterone for the rest of my life.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I was under the impression that the big problem with steroids in professional sports is not some sort of "evil drug" thing, just the issue of the unfair advantage.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #9
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I agree, I don't consider them evil by any means but I don't think they belong in sports.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
Johnny Utah
AOT.com Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I was under the impression that the big problem with steroids in professional sports is not some sort of "evil drug" thing, just the issue of the unfair advantage.
Yeah, you're right. But let's look at a few things.

1. The stands would be half as full if there wasn't people hitting homeruns at every game. You have to admit, all the big hitters really made a name for baseball during the height of that period. Let's face it, the game is boring to watch. If I watched sports, I would pick golf over watching baseball.

2. The amount of money spent by the federal gov. on this investigation is blatant waste of resources and funds. It should have never made it past the league.

3. Barry Bonds is not being prosecuted for steroids, he's being prosecuted for perjury. Ideally he should have been kicked out of the league if they had done their jobs. It should be the league that is facing repurcussions, not the players.

I just have severe problems with this kind of blatant waste of the fed. gov.. Especially considering that it is over a drug that is used by a very specific group of people and, when properly used, is extremely safe.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
Johnny Utah
AOT.com Hero

Video page
Full screen

I mean come on....really?!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!