Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #376
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

just pump it as you drive, can even get 8ball to put on top to match shifter
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #377
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

It can be done cheaper though.
1974 C-10- Lowered 5/5, Bonspeed Billets, 08 LSX Swap, Full Frame Off Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
pwtr02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #378
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

cheapest ls swap ive seen is about 2k. same for a lt1 really. the lt1 makes about the same power as a high comp sbb and prob gets the same mpg but has alot less tq. a tbi engine makes about the same as low comp sbb still a bit less tq so for the money i still say sbb. which i love buick engines is part of my reasoning but they are some powerful engines.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

how far are you willing to drive rick? id go halfway for ya. just cant do the whole trip.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 08-06-2014 at 10:58 PM.
shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:33 AM   #379
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

That's incredibly generous of you but I can't ask you to blow $200 worth of gas selling me a $100 engine, even if we WOULD have some fun with some beers.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:20 AM   #380
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

well i dont drink but still would be down to sell you one. i would have to have a little more than a 100 out of it for the trip but i mean id hook you up. and if you wanted something super fast i got the stuff to finish it out about 350 hp 410 ft lbs. would have to ask more for the performance goodies.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

also if you have a limit to your driving even if you dont get mine and a budget ill help dig out some shit for you again.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/4589142703.html

4 hours to far? prob could sell trans for half of what this cost and it being a 70 is a 250hp 2 bb

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

http://binghamton.craigslist.org/pts/4568476524.html

worth asking whats wrong with it.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

http://elmira.craigslist.org/pts/4542916799.html

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/pts/4534483659.html

if you do decided to go with a sbc thats a good price for one.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 08-07-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 AM   #381
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
That's incredibly generous of you but I can't ask you to blow $200 worth of gas selling me a $100 engine, even if we WOULD have some fun with some beers pepsi.
Fixed
Old 08-07-2014, 03:26 AM   #382
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Needs tacos too

Old 08-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #383
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

Yeff prob get Ky crazy on some alcohol anyway
1974 C-10- Lowered 5/5, Bonspeed Billets, 08 LSX Swap, Full Frame Off Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
pwtr02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #384
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

havent since 21 so idk

Old 08-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #385
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Mmmm, tacos.

Autocorrect turned mmm into "mommy".
Old 08-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #386
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Old 08-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #387
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Where is the fucking hold down clamp? How do I get the distributor off?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407453987.406146.jpg
Old 08-08-2014, 01:07 AM   #388
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Never mind I just remembered...gotta find my fucking distributor wrench...

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Goddamn that bolt was tedious to take out. Priming with drill I can't tell if vibration in oil filter is transmitted from drill or is oil moving. Opened cap on valve cover and don't see any oil movement.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Might try removing oil filter and see if it squirts when I run the drill. On this engine, filter is way above oil pan level so it won't drain from filter.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:25 AM   #389
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Yeah do that if it's not pumping up in rockers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Old 08-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #390
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Gonna do it today.

When I want to put the distributor back on, how the fuck do I get the hold-down bolt back in? It was such a struggle to get out, I don't imagine I'll be able to get it threaded back in at all.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #391
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

the 350 is just a clamp thing with a bolt through it. how is it different on the v6? on the 350 i just start the bolt and clamp loose with my fingers than use a regular wrench to tightnen.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.ph...Buick-350-2bbl

thats what a 350 looks like idk how the v6 differs.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

rick you have some action on the buick board too

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

if you can get either one of those engine for a few hundred id jump all over either.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #392
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

On my 4.1, it's a similar design but it's deep down in a hole surrounded by all manner of other stuff and there's a sharp thing (the coolant temp switch terminal) almost touching it. I can barely reach it with my fingers and it took me like a half hour to thread it out, turning it a few degrees at a time. I just don't see myself getting it threaded in straight (or at all) without fingers doubled in length and having spherical dexterity like a ball joint at each of the 6 knuckles on those long fingers.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

I feel bad for having posted that and gotten responses and not being ready to jump because I haven't finished diagnosing the 4.1. I gotta fucking get the diagnostics finished so I can declare it dead or cancel my request for engines.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #393
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

if you got one of the 350s for a few hundred be worth it. just pm the guys tell them that you will get back with them if yours is surely dead.

i prob could get it threaded but i have small monkey like hands. i think its easier if your looking at the engine from the front and reach under rather than from the top.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 08-10-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #394
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

So lay under the car to get to it? I can't imagine it being possible, but maybe. Sitting on the fan shroud to do it certainly seems difficult.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #395
stonehenge

remove shroud, then sit
Old 08-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #396
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shroud out of the way so you look up under like that.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

like if you can get down and go in from the front like from the fan area. seems like thats how i did it but clip was off car too.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #397
stonehenge

I meant remove shroud and sit on moving fan

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #398
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Not phallic-shaped enough and too spinny.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #399
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

your start this bish yet?

Old 08-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #400
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

No, too procrastinaty. Maybe tonight I'll work on it.