Go Back   All Offtopic Forums > Offtopic > Anything Goes
Arcade Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-31-2014, 01:23 AM   #326
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Perfect opportunity to swap in Prius guts

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:26 AM   #327
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:33 AM   #328
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

SBB 350 unavailable. 231 is nearby for $100 with a spare set of heads. I have neither the time nor the money to search for a unicorn, I'm just gonna have to tolerate a donkey...maybe I can make a longer-term plan for an upgrade.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:48 AM   #329
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

there usually a dime a dozen man.

here is this. should be a 340 not a 400 though http://providence.craigslist.org/pts/4513522777.html

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/4564774431.html

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/4594342050.html has a marine 350 in that mix it looks

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/pts/4589589666.html

rick found you something

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

anyhow did you try to spin it with a breaking bar?

Old 07-31-2014, 01:53 AM   #330
BillyJeanKing
Sneakers O'Toole

Snake 3 Champion
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.BillyJeanKing says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

let's all drool and skeet over this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Grand-...3D271563432044

so mash clean

BillyJeanKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:26 AM   #331
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

is bad ass

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

also rick you have odd and even fire 231s idr which is more common

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/4593182855.html

do this

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/4476840091.html

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

rick if all else falls id post up on the buick board. hell i got two free off of it. if i was going through the hassle of the swap no way id go anything under a 340 unless it was turbo engine.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/4555193422.html

Old 07-31-2014, 02:32 AM   #332
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I forgot about oddfire. Mine's evenfire. Not sure it matters, I guess it depends if the ignition system is included. Balance differs but my 53 pound flywheel has so much gyroscopic effect that it should be ok...it's already not balanced for my existing engine anyway.

Good job digging on CL, thanks.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:41 AM   #333
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

idk the difference i know its hard to swap stuff from one to another. ive not fooled with the v6s much. i think just rovers are odd. dont mention the dig if you want some more ill dig around. idk how far you want to drive me i drove 5 hours for two of mine. hour for the other and one was in the car when i got it. if it was closer id sell you one cheap.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:01 AM   #334
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

If I was gonna go on a trip for it I'd go see you, that's fo sho.

I really want to get the car running for minimal effort and cost. If I put in a 231 and miss the 252's power, it'll be motivation to plan the V8 upgrade. Part of what was holding me back was satisfaction with the 252 (nowhere near as slow as I had originally expected), part was wanting to see how far I could take that engine, and most was just lack of motivation.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:08 AM   #335
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

well for the money you would be leaps and bounds ahead for the 350. im sure you could get one cheaper than the asking price. mpg is about the same power is huge increase. i think you will end up spending more in the long run if you do the 231. i like the 231 but for the cash the 350 is hard to beat. but hell your engine might have just lost the oil pump. check that shit first.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:25 AM   #336
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

What should be my diagnostic plan? Drain oil, check for shavings, if clean then try starting and see what happens? How do I check the oil pump? Would it have failed from overheating?
Old 07-31-2014, 04:32 AM   #337
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

first thing i would do is just drain the oil see if its full of shavings. if its not take a breaker bar and spin the engine make sure its not locked up. the oil pump can starve it and cause it to heat up. do you have any coolant leaks? blown head gasket is what its sounded to me more than anything. if she spins by hand real easy no noises id go ahead try a leak down and compression test on it. all that checks out start it. if it keeps making racket time to take the valve covers off check that see its a bent rod or some thing in the rockers. if its not that go ahead pull the engine and hope its in the heads bad valve or cam. if its not that look at rering rebearing and regasket. prob could rering rebeing and regasket it for a few hundred and have a new 4.1. that said your sinking all that money into a 4.1 and could have a v8 under there. only way to check for oil pump failures is spin it with a drill and prime it and see if it makes pressure do this too before you jerk all the shit out. if not gotta pull engine and pull oil pan off and replace that sob.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

a guy up in canada on v8buick has several sbb buicks he may be close to you to rick if the 4.1 has failed.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

also how heavy of oil do you use in that car?

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

the small 2 bb late 70s 350s made 280 ft lbs and 140 hp. not much more hp but 75 lbs more ft lbs at 280 vs your 205 for comparision rick. i think your truck only makes about 325 ft lbs. would be a nice gain and that is a starting point with no mods.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 07-31-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:58 PM   #338
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
do you have any coolant leaks? blown head gasket is what its sounded to me more than anything.
I have a coolant leak, either a hose or the radiator, that I've had for a while. I forgot to top it off. That was the cause of yesterday's overheating.

That plan sounds good. I'll try to do all of it.

I keep forgetting V8Buick.

I use 10W30.

I could probably slap my Quadrajet on a SBB and end up with a little more power. Would it be easy to find an intake manifold?

All :dattorque: will crush my transmission. I'll have to not use it...

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Can't find that thread on V8Buick.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:52 PM   #339
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

is yours a 2 bb or 4 bb? it wasnt a thread i just remember him saying he had them. you could put up a want ad be the easiest. id let you have mine for a 100 bucks but im sure it would kill you to ship it. as for an intake think i paid 50 bucks for my 4bb one. they heavy though. you would have to retune a v6 carb for it but a 4bb one made around 180 hp and over 300 ft bs in stock form int he low compression smog years. car would move. then if you modded it well there was one that was all motor na that i guy built that made 562 hp and the tq number was insane in like bbb area. with just a little head work and a cam they are in the 300 hp range and over 400 tq. idk of another small block that can do that and like i said that one my grandpa had was high comp motor and it would get 21 mpg with no overdrive.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 07-31-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:04 PM   #340
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

4bbl on my 4.1. To be honest I've never been happy with my carb so if a decent 2bbl came on the engine I think I might go ahead and use it.

Wonder how much fuel it would cost to drink a beer with you and bring an engine home.
...ran the numbers, $400.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #341
stonehenge

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

$400 for gas from RI to KY and a 6-pek? FTS

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

well you'll most likely get your weiner touched when you get there, so I guess that could be a pro or con depending on how you look at it (nhb pen0r fondle)
Old 07-31-2014, 10:59 PM   #342
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Drained the oil, a nice clean brown, I couldn't see any shavings. I put the filter aside, maybe I can bust it open and get a look inside. How is that done without getting shavings from cutting it? Only thing I can think of is a giant tubing cutter, like used for lally columns.

Engine turns with a breaker bar. I didn't try to spin it around and around, but I got what I assume is an appropriate amount requiring an appropriate force before feeling a compression stroke that I didn't try to push through.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:11 PM   #343
stonehenge

sounds like good news so far
Old 07-31-2014, 11:11 PM   #344
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

How do I go about priming the oil pump with drill?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #345
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

I think you put a drill on a old distributer gear and spin it that way. I have seen it done but never actually done it myself.
1974 C-10- Lowered 5/5, Bonspeed Billets, 08 LSX Swap, Full Frame Off Build

Quote:
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
pwtr02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #346
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

he is right they make a tool that goes in a drill but you rig one up for free from a old dist however it cost 10 bucks. you may has just killed your water pump rick if all the engine checks out.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan! View Post
$400 for gas from RI to KY and a 6-pek? FTS

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

well you'll most likely get your weiner touched when you get there, so I guess that could be a pro or con depending on how you look at it (nhb pen0r fondle)
has new quadrajet 4bb intake and 73 350 would let go for a few hundred just saying. for about 500 id throw in my cam and longtubes too. heads are unbolted cause i was going to shave them but ended up selling lesabre. if you want about 350 hp or so.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

make sure you put the dist back in at the same position after you prime it though or otherwise timing is all going to be fucked.

Last edited by shootermcgavin003; 08-01-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #347
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

Don't have old distributor. If oil pump is dead and I try to start it and run it 3 seconds without oil pressure, will that do that much more damage? I'll know immediately if ENGINE light is on that oil pump isn't working.

Why would water pump be dead? I don't think it ran dry, I think there was enough coolant to keep the pump fully wet, just not enough to cool the engine.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #348
pwtr02ss
dododododooooooo

pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.pwtr02ss likes big butts and he cannot lie.

Your water pump may have failed is what Jeff is saying. Water pumps just take a shit out of no where most of the time and usually start leaking right before they go out. I wouldn't really want to start it with out knowing if the oil pump is out or not. Check a few salvage yards or do a quick google search. Old distributors should be stupid cheap and easy to find, or buy the tool.
1974 C-10- Lowered 5/5, Bonspeed Billets, 08 LSX Swap, Full Frame Off Build

Quote:
i heard a guy say the only thing im trying to catch at some fishing tournament requires a a half a bottle of xanax as bait once
pwtr02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #349
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

that tool is 10 bucks. when water pumps die they make all kinds of noise and rattles.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #350
stonehenge

Don't dead water pumps usually piss out all their water/coolant as soon as you start the car?

I guess it depends on how they fail.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk