Thread: Question: Ping: DIATOMIC
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I don't remember paying for the required driver's education course but there was probably a fee.

Generally, at 15 or 16 years old we can take a government-sponsored course, followed by a written test which grants a limited driving permit. With that permit we are allowed to drive with an adult licensed driver as a passenger, and in fact required to drive like that for a specified amount of time. After that we can take the road test and, if we pass, be granted a license. Fees for the course, tests, permit, and license are probably 10 to 100 USD. It varies from one state to the next, and it's been a long time since I did it so I don't remember.

Anyone with a permit can optionally pay for a driver's school that is not required. I did, hoping it would result in a discounted insurance rate, since insurance is required and is very expensive. I don't think it helped.

People 18 years old or older can skip the course and permit, just take the written and road tests, and if they pass they can drive.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Oh, and I assume category B is common passenger cars that you would use to carry friends and family around.

Our categories go something like this and may be labeled differently from one state to the next:

- Passenger cars, light trucks, trailers that are legal to be towed by those light trucks, and personally owned recreational vehicles even of extremely large size

- Motorcycles (and rare microcars that are classified as motorcycles)

- CDL - Commercial Drivers License, required to drive a company vehicle heavier than 26,000 pounds, or for driving a bus carrying people

- Various CDL additional endorsements like hazmat (hazardous materials)

...I think that's all.