Thread: Samples
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #155
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Not a sample because they didn't sample it from PF's recording. Not a cover because they're only using part of it in part of their song. Not sure what you'd call it.

Actually, the portion they used doesn't seem to be exactly covered either, more that it just sounds a lot like a PF song.

For a similar example, check this shit:
Shooter Jennings - Busted In Baylor County; at 2:08 you hear a couple seconds of a riff from Black Sabbath's "Sweet Leaf"
[yt]adADHltRB6g[yt]

In live versions he plays 10-30 seconds of the song and sings "All right now!" as Ozzy did.

Original:
[yt]H3YtvuZ2-I0[yt]

In this case I'd call it a shout out to Black Sabbath, but what DMB did was more...not sure what to call that.
bonus Sweet Leaf cover:

Video page
Full screen
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote