View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #482
shootermcgavin003
Pro Golfer

Spiffyspeud Champion Word Jam Champion
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
shootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTshootermcgavin003 will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT

i like both motors and if you had something like sbc id prob say yeah go ahead and swap it but when it comes to a bop motor or caddi i wouldnt swap it.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
No, $125 is engine sans accessories, oil pan to throttle body, probably including exhaust manifolds. No harness/ECM/fuel tank/lines/pump/alternator/PS pump/compressor/etc.

Why wouldn't I be able to use it without gauges? My existing gauges won't stop working when I replace the engine. For VSS I think I can use an adapter that goes inline with the two-piece speedometer cable. I have such an adapter though I might need a different one for stock ECM.
it can just not going to be ideal. still need the vss though to run and its electric driven vss not manual. you will have to scrap the manifolds anyhow. if you have to buy a harness and ecm all that shit its not really a savings. those harness go for about 500 bucks used or alot more new/aftermarket.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

if i were to do a ls swap id go ahead and buy a whole junk truck and scrap or sell what i didnt need.

shootermcgavin003 is offline   Reply With Quote