View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
Johnny Utah
AOT.com Hero

Johnny Utah may have a mustache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I was under the impression that the big problem with steroids in professional sports is not some sort of "evil drug" thing, just the issue of the unfair advantage.
Yeah, you're right. But let's look at a few things.

1. The stands would be half as full if there wasn't people hitting homeruns at every game. You have to admit, all the big hitters really made a name for baseball during the height of that period. Let's face it, the game is boring to watch. If I watched sports, I would pick golf over watching baseball.

2. The amount of money spent by the federal gov. on this investigation is blatant waste of resources and funds. It should have never made it past the league.

3. Barry Bonds is not being prosecuted for steroids, he's being prosecuted for perjury. Ideally he should have been kicked out of the league if they had done their jobs. It should be the league that is facing repurcussions, not the players.

I just have severe problems with this kind of blatant waste of the fed. gov.. Especially considering that it is over a drug that is used by a very specific group of people and, when properly used, is extremely safe.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote