Thread: Important: The Chat Thread 2
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #124447
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Speaking of cats...mine have a problem. One has decided that another is the enemy, after years of being besties.

History:

Cat 1 is 10 years old, but doesn't act old. He's a little fat but gets as hyper as any cat when he wants to. We've had him for his whole life. As a kitten he had some trouble integrating with Cat 0 (may she rest in peace) who was previously an only cat and we humans kept meddling, trying to make peace, instead of letting them hash it out like we should have. Their relationship was always strained and I think Cat 0's death may have been at least partially a morale issue having to live with all these other cats.

Cat 2 is probably 8 years old. We've had him since he was a young adult. He's huge and well-mannered. He figures shit out that most humans couldn't and then tries to help. We've had him for 4 years. No trouble integrating with cats 0 and 1.

Cat 3 is 4 years old and kinda small. We've had him for his whole life. He has mostly been the most well-behaved cat ever, totally docile (except if there is a mouse), does what he's told, never makes trouble except jumping up on the counters. No trouble integrating with cats 0, 1, and 2.

All 3 have always been bros. Occasionally some play fighting between cats 1 and 3 got out of hand but it was never too severe, it never lasted, and soon enough they'd be nuzzling and grooming each other.

Seemingly without cause yesterday, Cat 3 suddenly decided that Cat 1 is Satan and must be vanquished. Cat 1 has been running and hiding, not standing and fighting despite his advantages in size, weight, and experience. Cat 3 is more angry than I've ever seen him, fluffing his entire tail (when I've only ever seen him fluff the base of it before). Cat 3 will get Cat 1 cornered in a hidey hole and stand guard. If they are near each other and Cat 3 is NOT chasing (because I'm there to disallow it) he will ceaselessly yell and hiss at Cat 1, who will sometimes return the vocal favors but I have not seen him stand up for himself any more than that.

I cannot figure out why. I can only venture these guesses:

1. Uncommon escalation from a common dispute, possibly because cats were on edge from thunderstorms. When this issue was discovered, cat 1 was soaked on one side, obviously having sat in the prime windowsill during the pouring rain; maybe Cat 3 wanted that spot and was fighting for it when a loud thundercrack scared him.

2. Cat 3 is sick and hurts but doesn't understand why and has somehow blamed Cat 1.

3. Cat 1 went outside through a cat-sized hole in the window screen that I discovered while investigating yesterday, and came back smelling different. However, when I collected a bunch of Cat 1's fur that shed while I was stroking him and placed it in front of Cat 3, Cat 3 sniffed it and didn't care; he only cared when he could see Cat 1.

4. Something tried to get in that window screen hole and Cat 3 freaked out but doesn't remember what he was freaking out about anymore so his still-simmering aggression got misdirected.

Cat 2 has tried to intervene for peace. While all gathered in a room with us humans, cats 1 and 3 within a few feet of each other, Cat 2 kept grooming and nuzzling the others, first one then the other then back again. They didn't seem to get the message and kept hissing/growling/yelling at each other, though they were both happy with Cat 2 being friendly.

WTF do I do?