Thread: The CV Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #293
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV.net
92-02:
  • All '92-'97s require 15" wheels minimum to clear the front calipers. 'All 98+ require at least a 16" wheel to clear their larger front dual piston calipers. (15" will clear in the rear, however)
    • There have been mentions of people grinding down their 98-02 fronts calipers to allow use of 15" wheels. I do not recommend this.
  • All '98+ use 16" wheels as standard equipment, 17" if it was a CV Sport (and later Town Cars and 18" for Marauder)
  • -97s received 15" steel wheels as standard equipment on base models, 15" alloys on upper models and 16" alloys on 93+ HPPs
  • All of the 16" and 17" rims are 7" in width, the 15" wheels are 6.5" in width however I have heard the 'Police' 15" steel wheels may be 7" The primary difference between CVPI and 'base' -'97 15" steel wheels is the police wheels can accept 'dog dish' center caps.
  • The offset for all -02 is ~6mm (depending on rim model), though a 0mm offset can be used without any trouble provided you keep the width reasonable.

Other Wheel info:
  • s197 05+ Mustang / 03+ panther / 2002-2005 Explorer wheels will fit -02 panthers with the use wheel adapters, measuring at least ~30mm/1.25"+. Hub centric adapters recommended
    • 1.5" preferred.
  • 94-04 sn95/5x4.5" FACTORY mustang wheels can be used on -02 panthers, provided a wheel adapter/spacer measuring at ~1/4"+ is used on the front wheels to compensate for increased offset.
    • Larger spacers will bring wheels further out to fender well lips. 1/4" is minimum for front ball joint clearance, and is adequate up to (and including) the 8" Cobra rims. 20mm+ preferred all around for the right look.
    • Hub centric adapters recommended. Increased rim width will effect offset and minimum spacer size calculation. If you're going beyond factory Mustang wheels just keep that in mind and size your spacers accordingly.
  • Kenny Brown panthers used 18x8" Ronal R-7 wheels, using 245/45/18 tires
  • 2006+ CVPIs use 17" wheels. These wheels are a direct swap on all 2003+ panthers.
    • They can be used on -02 provided hub centric adapters (1.5") are used on all 4 wheels.
  • DCX LX Platform wheels can be used on -02 panthers. The bolt pattern is slightly off (by .7mm, DCX using 5x115mm vs. our 5x114.3mm) , so vibration may be felt at higher speeds.
    • Hub centric adapter 'rings' are recommended to keep wheels hubconcentric (The LX platform wheels have a larger centerbore than Ford Panther platform vehicles (71.5mm vs 70.5mm), the rings fill this gap keeping the wheel concentric to the hub)
    • Offset is ~18mm, so spacers are not required for use on -02s but recommended for best look.
    • These wheels will stick out too far to be used on 03+ panthers.
  • The aforementioned Ford wheel offerings (Mustang, Explorer, Panther, etc.) use the correct 70.6mm center bore.
lots of infos. The "DCX LX" wheels are charger/magnum/300 wheels. They fit pero SLIGHTLY different bolt pattern.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

some magnum wheels:

Not my favorite wheel design but they don't look bad. If you found some cheap chrome ones on CL or something, could look bamf

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Challenger wheels without any spacers:

they look fairly sekz
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote