View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
fatkidkustomz
Resident Drunkard

fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:
fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:fatkidkustomz should get an anime avatar :animehmm:

They've got a trail system up there called Hatfield and McCoy. They're private, have a bunch of rules, and charge you for a pass to ride them. So, the locals said FTS, and came up with the Outlaw trails. Basically, it's what's left of an old mountain pass road from back in the horse and buggy days, with tons of trails going off everywhere. Theoretically, you could ride them from Kentucky to Pennsylvania. No rules, no charge, no markings. None of the "You are here" bullshit. No GPS means you'll probably end up lost unless you know where you are or you're decent at backtracking.

These were the Outlaw trails. From what I've heard, the mild Outlaw trails are harder than most of the Hatfield McCoy trails. So basically, you pay to ride boring trails and be told what you can and can't do.

Hatfield also only has like 70 miles of trails or so. We rode 150 miles over the weekend and only rode one trail twice (cause it was cool as hell).

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Oh and yes. The guy at the old country store, and the store itself, was straight out of the Wrong Turn movies. I'm pretty sure they say in the opening of the movie that it's set in Bluefield, WV. Well I was 20 minutes southwest of Bluefield, in Crumpler. Look it up on Google. You'll get an idea... lol.