View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #95
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOURKE View Post
what you fools think about using 20w-50 oil in older cars with high mileage

A lot of people say use it in older engines

my car has a little over 221K miles and my mechanic guy says the same thing

I did that on my Caddy when I was 17. It probably didn't harm anything but it sure didn't help anything. It may have contributed to overheating.

Going to higher viscosity oil will make it more difficult for oil to reach its destinations. There are places it needs to be and you want to be sure that as much gets to those places as the design calls for. Once it's there, it needs the viscosity that the design calls for, no less. If not enough oil gets there then protection is reduced. If oil gets there and is the wrong viscosity, protection is reduced.

Didn't you just put in a CAI because you think it will increase performance? What do you think will happen as your engine chugs through thicker oil? Realistically it won't make any more difference than a CAI does, but using the same logic as a CAI it will bog down performance and fuel economy.

You probably should be using 5W30.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you're itching to switch oil because of your odometer, switch to a High Mileage oil. They have slightly increased viscosity, still within the range of whatever rating they have. They have seal conditioners that help make sure seals don't dry out or rot. They have increased additive packages compared to regular oil.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Oh, and when you have thoroughly solid, unrotted, perfect condition tires that have aged too long and will magically be unsafe even though the rubber is still in perfect condition, please send to me for proper disposal. Every tire failure I've had has been due to a combination of visible rot and underinflation.