View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #23798
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

So I took a look at that HP with the i5 and that mobo isn't going to work. It is a small form factor POS. The PSU connects to the mobo with three separate small square plugs on 3 differents spots on the board. Then a separate cable comes out of the board with the sata power plugs on it.

So there's no way I could use my PSU with that board and the HP PSU is most likely designed to have just enough wattage to run exactly what ships with the box. My GTX will kill it.

I can still look into a Mobo then steal the CPU/RAM from the HP though. Do those older i5's use the same socket as the newer i7s? Dfw a mobo that I can upgrade later on. Haven't looked into CPUs/Mobos in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cez★ View Post
all dem drives

just remembered that my case doesnt fit the SSD's well

the trays to hold HD's are too big for mine and it didnt come with a smaller plate to hold it
Most cases have different screw holes to holds 2.5" drives. Sometimes they're on the bottom of the tray instead of the sides. If yours doesn't have that, you can get adapters. There are a few different styles of adapters, here's one example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817997037
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote