Thread: IT Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #35
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I need a small portable program that's good for copying lots of files without giving me any bullshit. I would use it to copy whole hard drives or large folders, such as when replacing a user's computer and moving their profile to the new one.

Windows' normal copy will ask you repeatedly if you're sure you want to copy read only / hidden / system files and if you want to overwrite stuff and so on, then if it has a problem copying one file it aborts the whole operation.

Karen's Replicator does a really great job -- it copies everything it can without giving me any lip, has exclusion list functionality with a built-in filter for temp files, does a great job totalling the results, and gives you a good log of what it's done so you know what files it couldn't copy. However, it is not portable - you're supposed to install it before you can use it (though it CAN be used portably); but more importantly it requires a bunch of work before you can start copying. You have to wade through dialogs 3 or 4 levels deep to setup a job, save it, schedule (or not) it, and then finally run it.

I'm thinking either something like Karen's Replicator with a simpler front-end that lets me just get on with working (and more portable), or something that looks like Windows Explorer (or Windows 3.1 File Manager, or Norton Commander, or mc, etc) and does the job.

Any suggestions?