Thread: IT Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #2528
JayBo
♪♫Boogie Woogie King♫♪

JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:
JayBo thinks teh legal age of consent is 14 :uhoh:

Heres what the deal is. Sorry for the late reply.

This county has 2 repeaters (2-way radio) that the officers have forever had to switch between the 2, depending on which was closer.
Well, we got everything upgraded over the lsat 3 weeks and now, the 2 new repeaters will be linkied together via DSL connections in each location. One in the courthouse in town, the other in the fire station in the other town. This allows the 2 repeaters to "talk" to one another over the DSL connections to constantly monitor where the officers cars are to see which tower is closer and the radios in the cars swap to whichever offers the best signal just like a cell tower. My problem is getting the 2 devices, which are hooked behind dsl modem/routers to see one another.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

The guy installing it all seems to think I can designate one of the ethernet ports on the modem/router to give it the public IP address that ISP has assigned (each location has a static IP with 2 useable public IP's. The modem takes up one of those addresses) and he just programs his device with that public IP address and all is well.

I was thinking I had to give the device an internal IP, then set up a route or NAT to have that internal IP be accesable when you ping the public IP..

I know what I want to do, and what I'm trying to say, but I can't say it right. I haven't networked anything in like 3 years and forgot what I need to do

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

I'f I'm thinking right, I need to set up port forwarding. Get those 2 devices to operate on the same port (if that can be configured) and just do a simple port forward. correct?