Thread: Android Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #28031
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

I took another look at the Google Photos app and you're right, the setting for quality indicates unlimited storage right on it. So when using High Quality with unlimited storage, do those photos/videos show up in your GDrive too? For most purposes I want that, but for dashcam I'd rather not; I think I'll use a separate account for it.

I have it mostly configured but damned dashcam phone now has a flaky battery connector or something...it gives me a "?" inside the battery icon and only runs when plugged in. Battery is probably less than a year old and seems to be legit Motorola OEM, and was not acting funny until I took it out of the car; and it's not like it's been in a delicate condition for long, since I routinely remove the phone and turn it the other way while parked somewhere so the wide-angle lens (thanks, Dollar Tree!) can watch the interior. Anyway, I only get a few minutes running on tethered power before it randomly drops out from under me.

Gotta find the tiny, tiny torx screwdriver that came with the battery and disconnect/reconnect it to see if I can improve the situation.

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Also, GPhotos has "Free up space" function which even shows up as a notification, so that will be convenient.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

I wonder if there is a way to identify which existing photos have been shared and accessed, so I can remove all the other ones and reupload as unlimited, freeing up some space...

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Still have '?' battery icon, but on a better charger it stays on...or a least, it's stayed on for a while now.

I'd replace the phone with another from my inventory but this one is uniquely good for dashcam work with its excellent camera lens, autofocus that plays well with clip-on wide-angle lens, and nearly-acceptable nighttime performance. Maybe it's time to order another battery and try to get a better one this time...we'll see if it is more dependable in the car again.