Thread: Android Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 12:44 AM   #28026
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

For years I have been using an Android as a dashcam. I use the app Dailyroads Voyager and I'm mostly happy with it. It stores its videos and photos in 3 subfolders of whichever folder I specify...Photos, Videos, and Tempvideos. All videos are recorded to Tempvideos, and then when I give it the command to save one it gets moved to the Videos folder.

Just recently I've taken an interest in flickr's free terabyte and Google Photos' unlimited storage (under a specified resolution). Today it occurred to me that, rather than periodically manually copying files off of it I should just let flickr and/or gphotos handle it whenever I leave it on in wifi range.

However...flickr doesn't scan the necessary folder, and if it did then it would pick up the Tempvideos folder, which would NOT be ok. My first instinct is to hard-link the folder, but the SD card's FS is vfat, so that's a no-go.

While writing up this post I came up with a few other ideas:

- Try gphotos and see if I can set its folders

- Set a cron job to evacuate the Photos and Videos folders regularly (move those files to a folder where they'll be picked up)

- Set Dailyroads Voyager to save to folders on the data partition, and link those to the SD card's folder

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Ooh, I wonder if flickr obeys ".nomedia" or something similar...I could set Dailyroads to use an appropriate folder and then just have flickr ignore the Tempvideos folder.