Thread: why buy a truck
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Rollin thunder really rolls in with some thunder. It's not a truck site here but there's plenty of truck folks. I'll feed the fire...

IMO it's pretty lame lowering a truck most of the time. It's a rare lowered truck that I see and actually think that it's better that way. I can usually appreciate the effort that went in, and the work that was done; but it just seems opposite the point of using a truck.

The way I see it, lowering is done to make a vehicle able to take curves at higher speeds. A truck is the wrong vehicle for that. I can get in my totally stock economy car and out-handle most lowered trucks. People who lower only for looks are not much different, IMO, than people who put a wing on their Civic only for looks.

The way I see it, a truck is made for doing stuff that a car (or car-based vehicle like a minivan / non-truck SUV) can't do. That could mean hauling loads, towing trailers, or driving on very rough terrain (not just bumpy dirt trails). Lowering a truck usually compromises its ability to do those things; it never increases that ability.

Trucks that I like are trucks that can do MORE stuff than a stock truck. More versatility, more load capacity, more towing capacity, more built-in tools (winches etc), rougher terrain. I saw a Quadrasteer Denali with ladder racks on it the other day and I was in love. That's a truck that can do all kinds of really cool stuff!