View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
lowerc

Straw Game Champion
lowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
lowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOTlowerc will gtfo if Matt becomes mod on AOT
Default XS650 build thread

I posted a couple randome pics of my project and you guys expressed a little interest so here is a cut and paste of my build thread on XS650.com. I'll update this as I update the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerc View Post
First and foremost....THIS SITE KICKS ASS!
I wanted to build a bike so I started researching. Harley's are shite, norton's, triumphs etc are hard to come by in my area. I looked into metric bikes and XS650.com convinced me this was the bike I needed

I picked this heap up last fall, I just now feel like I'm far enough along to share a build thread. Still have a long ways to go.

The way I got it, plus a couple boxes of parts, pretty much complete, just tore up

First task was to see if I could get it running. Carbs needed some work. Cleaned/replaced a bunch of parts. I like the PO's attempt at cleaning

lot's of parts in a carb, as you guys know

wiring harness was tore up so I made a makeshift harness for vital components and hooked it to my battery booster for power and........great success!

click pic for video

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I ordered an Ardcore tail. Great product but I hope you like waiting. Took about four and a half months to come in. Time to chop, chop.

The rims/rubber needed some help so I did this at the same time.

Gunmetal powder and some shinko 777's

And here is the quick mock-up

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

tank is a cole foster.

fender is from lowbrow customs. They also sent me a most excellent sticker for my toolbox. LOL

lowerc is offline   Reply With Quote