View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 03:50 PM   #11
2005_Silverado
Gnex Owner

2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.2005_Silverado says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

(Dec 14)

got to give billy credit for the bamf antenna. 1 of 1 made

Catch can finna catch

Added an engine oil cooler

can see the lines from the bypass...torqued bolts to 106in lbs amd was good to go

Got my valet tune....still does 70mph but takes forever......video was WOT too.

http://youtu.be/fg7WM9Ib-L4

(Feb 15)
Had an oil analysis done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStoneLabs
This sample has us concerned about coolant. We look for coolant via potassium and sodium. Silicon sometimes shows up too, and we have all of them here. It's not quite enough potassium and sodium to call coolant for sure. Silicon could be abrasive dirt getting past the air filter or a harmless sealer if any work was done recently. Sodium could be residual additive, but Amsoil doesn't use it. If you've always run Amsoil this probably is a trace of coolant. The TBN is fine at 2.5. Wear is still low, but run just 5,000 miles on the next oil to monitor.
IDK how I feel about this

Did have heads done recently (Within 7k of this oil change). He doesn't seem too concerned about the amounts either, but I'll send him a sample in 5k miles...my coolant isn't low at all and Im not losing any either

dat unit ID

"Bass knob"

Video page
Full screen

And a toggle for idk wat

(Aprl 15)
so ive been buying parts here n there to make me a bracket to mount my air chuck and switch. will bolt angle iron to xmemer, some square tube, then angle iron to bolt up some diamond plate. Air chuck will be activated with a switch that will open and close the air valve. Ive seen too many air chucks leak...dnw it plumbed directly to the tank, hence the e-valve. All this will be hidden behind the lic plate which will flip up with simple hinges. Plate is done, just gotta start cutting some metal

So I been wanting to do this for a while....this is what its gonna look like until the alum gets welded

Plate on simple hinges

Flip that bish up and dis is what youll get

Put some LEDs under there that will be wired into the same switch that I'll use to open up the air valve

So if I ever need air, I can just get my air hose, flip the plate up, push a switch and hook up my line. Been wanting to do it since I visited my brother in Phx a while back....we went out to eat, came out and truck tire was low, no gas station had a working pump so I had to drive a bit on low af tire to find a working pump Felt so retarded having OBA but no way to access it I'll post a vid once I put the valve in and finish it up.

(May 15)
got tired of the stanky exost smells....got me a pair of these

Magnaflow cats....8" long body, 4" diameter. Might not pass cali smog but that's not what Im after....I need something to kill/reduce the stench.

(June 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005_Silverado View Post
So I've been having over charging issues for a few weeks now, DC says the alt is a dummy and just does as its told since it doesn't have a voltage regulator like the 4 pin alts do. XS says their batts are probably good and to check the charging voltage. So I swapped alts and still have the same issue, its not the alts. I bought a new D3400....still have the same problem....volts will climb to 15.2v and stay there, no matter what Problem did go away when I swapped batts but its back again after a few days, which seems to be what happens after the computer relearns and whatnot. After some googling....turns out that the 2 pin alts have a lil blek box on the negative battery cable which controls the alternator output. People have reported the same issue as I had....start at 14.6v and then climbing to 15.2v and staying there

For anyone having this same issue and having a 2 pin alternator, swap the SARVC module. Ive got one coming my way, will post results.
finally fixed....was a bunk amp ground and then it was a loose batt ground. Both grounds been addressed and im back to normal voltage. I now have a spare D3400, spare SARVC module and few feet of 1/0 wire oh well. I also wired in some fans for the amps and Im in the process of adding an SMD TM-1 to my dash. Its already hooked up controlling the fans but its not in its perma spot...more on that later

Cats arent in yet, my mexi shop guy wasnt there, went to my backup shop and idiot there SWORE that the cats arent stainless and that he cant weld non stainless to stainless. I then showed him the stainless Y for the QTP cutout and he argued that that wasnt stainless, but was chrome Just left and will try again with my #1 shop or take it elsewhere. This stench is getting old.

one more thing....the tiny Derale oil cooler i installed.....w/o air flowing, it cools the oil by 10* which is not much while idling in my garage, but should do better once moving...and considering its just one loop about a foot long, it does pretty good. Im gonna measure n see if I can install a longer one. I took temps with this lil guy

BAMF LIL FOKEN LASER GUN

works awesome and display "holds" ur last temp reading.

Last edited by 2005_Silverado; 06-30-2015 at 10:21 PM.
2005_Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote