Thread: Android Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #13594
stonehenge
y u hovering on my shit for?

stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.stonehenge says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Is it better? I know it comes out in a few days but why is it better?
Higher resolution (720p), newer operating system (4.0), bigger screen (4.6"), fully unlockable if you plan on modifying anything, and it is a Google phone. Google decides when updates push out, it will be updated more than any other phone. It also doesn't come preloaded with junk like others (Amazon, CityID, Kindle, Game demos, vz navigator, etc, etc). I think the only bloatware it comes with is MyVZW and maybe the Vcast Store. But Android 4.0 lets you disable stock apps

I've played with a RAZR and its not a bad phone but I think the Galaxy Nexus is better. I'd wait a few days and go check them both out in-store to decide. GNex should be out Friday I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnewl View Post
Don't they usually tell you what they are going to give you, before they actually make you commit?
I was trying to remember if they did when I replaced the D1 but I forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarkOzy View Post
Sooooooooooooooooooooo. I ran into a lady that works at the Verizon store in town and she pretty much confirmed all the reports and such. Cool deal.

Does anyone find it weird as hell that VZW is packaging these phones in a plain white box with no markings, and not doing any media advertising? They must REALLY not want it to sell.
I don't think any of the Nexus phones have been advertised much. I know VZW is going overboard with the simplicity but they probably don't have the kind of deals with Google/Sammy that they do with the DROID branded phones. Those get transformers commercials, giveaways, launch parties, etc.

We'll see, I suspect it will sell itself. Especially once other carriers get it and it is more popular overall.
stonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote