View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #168
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

IMO:

For most purposes, those products are all a solution in search of a problem, especially the way you guys are talking about using them when there is no problem.

Regular pump gas has plenty of detergents in it, that's required by law, and you could even choose to always buy from Top Tier sellers, which you probably already do. See http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers/
Quote:
This is especially true if you're diluting it into your gas tank. That way, its concentration isn't going to be enough to make a difference just used once. If you really wanted to clean your injectors by pouring something into your gas, you should run it down to E and when you're down to your last gallon before you get stuck roadside out of gas you pour in two cans of stuff, run it through to fumes, and then do it again when you're down to E again, repeating indefinitely.

To have enough concentration to make a difference over the course of a single tank of gas it would need to be mostly the stuff and not much gas, far more than the maximum concentration that the engine would run on.

If you are taking the injectors out of the engine to bench clean them using a fuel pump, that would be a good use of them, though cheaper stuff would work just as well for that purpose.

They are all similar blends of petroleum distillates, and a little kerosene or diesel fuel would probably be similar enough.

Even my carbureted Flinstone-era car, which doesn't use fuel pump pressure but allows the venturi effect to passively suck a little fuel through a tiny orifice and has a 35 year old fuel pump presumably full of 35 years of sediment/varnish/crud from non-detergent fuel and stale fuel, has nothing to gain from this stuff. You guys have 50+ PSI of pressure in modern vehicles that have only ever had detergent fuel and haven't sat for decades rotting or run on fuel that was 5+ years old.