View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #17
theholycow
Bovinus Administratus

theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.
theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.theholycow says if you haz iPhone problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my Droid aint one.

So, while I'm waiting for my order to come in and hoping they are indeed the same in feel and sound, I have managed to get my earbuds back from my wife. She gave them back because, like all earphones she ever uses much, the wire was fraying near the connector.

At least she didn't wait for them to stop working. As soon as it was visibly fucked up she gave them to me. Here's what I did:

1. Filled cracks and covered bare wires with liquid electric tape:

2. Slip some heat-shrink tubing over it. It barely fits over the connector and leaves lots of space to shrink at the wire.

3. Fill heat-shrink with shavings from a hot melt glue stick.

4. Heat the heat-shrink, melting the hot-melt glue inside. Glue smooths out automatically from pressure from heat-shrink, squeezing out the end a little, and reinforces the whole thing.

5. Put two more layers of heat-shrink on.

6. Perfect.

I should have done the second layer of heat shrink better and used better quality materials. It shaped almost perfectly except the end flared a little. The third layer had to be stretched to fit over it and didn't shrink as well as I'd like. As a whole, though, it's still pretty decent.

I'm going to offer to do the same to all her future earphones, and maybe I'll do it to mine too, as proactive reinforcement.

She claims that she does not pull by the cord or anything like that, but why else would all hers always break like that?