View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #13
Jello

Jello may have a mustache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Nice set-up, I think a 68" is out of my range but a 42" is do able, also i want to get me a kickass sorround sound system, is it better to piece it togheter than buying a kit? because some of them are priecy.
When I get home tonight Ill post up some pictures of my 50 inch.... Its really the perfect size for movie watching/gaming ect.... the 68 inch requires you to have a large living room because you need to be sitting about 15ft away from the TV if you plan on watching it for a long time.

Honestly for me to piece together my surround sound cost a lot more then most kits out there.

Dennon 777 - $700.00
MTX 12 Inch - $200.00
Yamaha speakers - $400.00
Blueray - $250.00

So I have like 1650.00 just in parts for my surround sound... Not including the 360,game cube and other crap thats plugged into that TV.

However you dont need such a high end reciever for every set up, I just really wanted HDMI switching and MULTI room controll... My kitchen has two 8 inch 3 way Yamaha speakers flush mounted in the roof that I wanted to controll from it aswell.

Is this set up going in your living room? bed room?
Mainly watch movies, Mainly game?
As far as surround sound, mainly for watching movies? Mainly for listening to music?
How nice of a set up do you want, do you care if its 720,1080?
Are you going to use HDMI cables, or just component?
Whats your budget?

Tell us a little more and Im sure I can post up some ideas for you...
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote