All Offtopic Forums

All Offtopic Forums (http://www.allofftopic.com/index.php)
-   Anything Goes (http://www.allofftopic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   a hillbilly talks buicks with a cow (http://www.allofftopic.com/showthread.php?t=1090)

theholycow 03-09-2017 08:20 PM

JY trips add up to $200 so far. Cash from a recent side job covers that and most of the Amazon order. Still more of that side job to do, which will help cover some of my next trip.

Man I wish I had bought that pair of Lesabres for $700 on CL many years ago.

nekkidhillbilly 03-10-2017 05:13 AM

I wish I never sold mine...................fucking bitch

Cez★ 03-10-2017 12:43 PM

Fuckin bitches

theholycow 03-10-2017 03:01 PM

My bags came in yesterday.
:stimpy:

It's fucking snowing now and it's gonna be single goddamn digits with negative wind chill this weekend in the mornings when I have time to do shit.
:ohshit:

Got an idea to cut a garage door into my basement, it would work great and plenty of houses around here are like that, but wife is totally against it...she wants me to have the stuff for my car and work on it, but I guess she wants me to freeze and be covered in mud and ticks and work on unstable mud. :pissedfist:

stonehenge 03-10-2017 03:55 PM

gonna be about 90 this weekend :blahclap:

Cez★ 03-10-2017 09:13 PM

Holy fak. Single digits? Wtf. Is march. Friend in ny told me its snowing up north.

theholycow 03-11-2017 04:40 PM

Snowed 2 inches yesterday. Supposed to get a blizzard tue/wed. I didn't plow the 2 inches but I guess I have to...if I don't, it will be the slickest shit underneath the new blizzard snow and :gB: will never make it up the driveway.

Years ago I scored a pair of studded "Radial Traction XTC" 225/75-15 tires that were just incredible in snow. It was almost as good as 4WD. They wore and I moved on. A few different models of studded snow tires later, nothing has come close. I gotta find more of those.

I googled for them but couldn't find anyone shipping them, new or used, just local pickup/installation. Also found no dealers near RI/MA/CT where I could pick up, and only a couple used listings (no response from emailing them though). Not sure maybe I found a couple used listings at excessive price with shipping, but anyway...anyone wanna give it a try, see if you come up with any links for me?

225/75-15 studded (or brand new unstudded, can add studs if new) Radial Traction XTC.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p203/rae1975/131.jpg

:hmm: Or maybe I could draft one of you guys to buy them locally and ship them...why the fuck are these snow tires easier to find further south? NC, FL, TX...

I do need to try calling tire dealers west of Worcester, MA. Dude I bought them from was in that area, and I've seen at least two ads from (unresponsive) people selling them used in that area, so they probably got 'em at a local dealer who doesn't have a website.

nekkidhillbilly 03-13-2017 07:58 AM

more mountains I'm guessing

theholycow 03-13-2017 01:42 PM

Didn't bother plowing that 2 inches but the wind blew it all off of the driveway anyway.

Fucking blizzard tomorrow.

theholycow 11-10-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly (Post 572926)
def should have jumped on it. the windows on fords are usually the bushings. super easy fix. just put some nuts in place of them. :gB: for sale yet? kinda far but id like to own it. what all do you still have car wise?

You would want :gB:? It's pretty hacked and pretty clapped out, in case you've forgotten.

It's been on blocks for two or three years, waiting for me to actually have time and energy to work on it. I just haven't been able to make myself work on projects though I've put in a day here or there. I probably only need a good day or two of work to revive it enough to pass RI inspection and be a decent daily driver again. I think all that's left is to bolt in the transmission and replace rotted brake lines.

I have considered liquidating it...that'd be one fewer heaps in the yard and one fewer car on the insurance bill. I really need fewer responsibilities to worry about, and if you had it I'd know it's at the best home it could possibly have instead of being scrapped. :hmm:

You'd drag a trailer all the way down here for that?

nekkidhillbilly 11-11-2021 07:13 PM

i mean if price was right. is 2 door and was pretty solid in last pic i saw. plus have plenty of engines for it. i drug one to mi for basically the 4 door version granted car was free.

theholycow 11-12-2021 03:07 PM

I probably won't be able to convince myself to give it up anytime soon, but if I do then I damn well better remember that you are its next owner!

nekkidhillbilly 11-16-2021 03:11 AM

well my dad may be if thats the case just saying. i plan to give him a car while we both still around.